EBC Brake Pads

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm looking for feedback on EBC Carbon X series brake pads from those of you who have used them on your Talon.

I'm at 1250 miles and still have plenty of life on my stock pads, but want to go ahead and have a set on-hand for when I need to change them. I'm partial to using either OEM Honda pads or EBC pads due to prior experiences with various manufacturers on RZRs that I've owned. I am familiar with Race Driven and other brands, but like I said I'll go with either OEM or EBC due to personal preference.

OEM Honda pads will be roughly $274 for all four corners before tax through RMATV.

EBC pads will be roughly $102 for all four corners before tax through RMATV.

The Honda pads are expensive, but if they'll get 2,000+ miles per set and an aftermarket will only get 500 then I'm willing to pay the price up front so I don't have to do the job 4 times to get the same mileage.

If you've got any feedback I'd certainly appreciate it.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Try Ron Ayers, they are a bit cheaper ($224 no tax and and free shipping).

I have 2500 miles on my original pads and they are still near new. YMMV depending on how you drive but I like to downshift and tend not to use my brakes much. Use them hard during rock crawling but that doesn't really wear them out.

Can't help with the EBC question, sorry.

Reactions: TripleB and jasond
D

DDDonkey

I have 3100 miles on mine and they are half worn, I have a set of stock ones ready for when needed. For that kind of mileage I will stick with the stockers, I should get around 5k out of them if not more.

Reactions: jasond
jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Try Ron Ayers, they are a bit cheaper ($224 no tax and and free shipping).

I have 2500 miles on my original pads and they are still near new. YMMV depending on how you drive but I like to downshift and tend not to use my brakes much. Use them hard during rock crawling but that doesn't really wear them out.

Can't help with the EBC question, sorry.

Thanks for the lead to save $50 bucks.

I'm no mud rider by any means, but the terrain in the Midwest and Tennessee mountains inevitably has some mud so it certainly doesn't help pad life.

We ride very hilly, wooded trails and frequent the TN offroad parks so I tend to have to use the brakes more than engine braking. However, Honda did a really nice job with this machine's engine braking so it definitely does help me get additional mileage.

L

LukasTalonR556

Supporting Member
Dec 20, 2020
Voorhees, New Jersey
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm looking for feedback on EBC Carbon X series brake pads from those of you who have used them on your Talon.

I'm at 1250 miles and still have plenty of life on my stock pads, but want to go ahead and have a set on-hand for when I need to change them. I'm partial to using either OEM Honda pads or EBC pads due to prior experiences with various manufacturers on RZRs that I've owned. I am familiar with Race Driven and other brands, but like I said I'll go with either OEM or EBC due to personal preference.

OEM Honda pads will be roughly $274 for all four corners before tax through RMATV.

EBC pads will be roughly $102 for all four corners before tax through RMATV.

The Honda pads are expensive, but if they'll get 2,000+ miles per set and an aftermarket will only get 500 then I'm willing to pay the price up front so I don't have to do the job 4 times to get the same mileage.

If you've got any feedback I'd certainly appreciate it.
I have 2 Talons and put a set of the EBC carbon x and they only lasted 300 miles . if u ride anywhere in mud or water it will eat them very fast. I am looking for a different pads .

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!