P1000 Engine power??

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 16 P1K5 deluxe and got it stuck pretty good today. The hole messed my winch up and took several SxS/ATVs pushing and pulling in me to get me out. It had the suction hold on it but part that worries me is my Pioneer wouldn’t turn the tires over in the mud. It just budged them slightly and grunted. I have 28” Outback Max’s and have noticed pulling a buddy out of a hole my buggy really wont spin the tires well when it’s tight. I don’t know if it’s normal because of the grip tires but my buddies on stock tires will dig itself in a hole. If it’s a safety or something I’m fine, just curious really. Today was first time I’ve got it really stuck but sometimes in holes it feels like it’s sluggish but does good if you manually downshift it with the paddles.

There’s the hole that caused the issues. Wife on hood and mother in law in buggy with me. It doesn’t look that bad but it was locked in that mud bad

D23AE8B7 F8CB 4586 8B41 3D443B9EE8AE

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have a 16 P1K5 deluxe and got it stuck pretty good today. The hole messed my winch up and took several SxS/ATVs pushing and pulling in me to get me out. It had the suction hold on it but part that worries me is my Pioneer wouldn’t turn the tires over in the mud. It just budged them slightly and grunted. I have 28” Outback Max’s and have noticed pulling a buddy out of a hole my buggy really wont spin the tires well when it’s tight. I don’t know if it’s normal because of the grip tires but my buddies on stock tires will dig itself in a hole. If it’s a safety or something I’m fine, just curious really. Today was first time I’ve got it really stuck but sometimes in holes it feels like it’s sluggish but does good if you manually downshift it with the paddles.

There’s the hole that caused the issues. Wife on hood and mother in law in buggy with me. It doesn’t look that bad but it was locked in that mud bad

View attachment 119141
Only problem with Dct is being able to get the r’s up enough to get the tires to spin sometimes. From a dead stop if you just punch it can help but if you have too much grip when you’re already stuck it can be a pain. Tuner and exhaust help a little to get that instant power.

Reactions: adnoh
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I suspect there isn't really anything you can do to that unit to make it really spin/like those tires, except a gear reduction, etc...

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok good, it pulls fine and is a blast. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t have an issue. Exhaust and tuner up next for the bigger wheels and tires

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If tires don’t turn and you keep on the throttle your slipping the clutch and possible damage to clutch

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s kind of what I was wondering, if maybe clutch is out of adjustment or worn out. I don’t just hit throttle and hold it for long time. I’ve only had the buggy about 6wks and am still learning it. I will get it in to dealer for them to go over it. Probably needs a good going over with last three rides we have done

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s kind of what I was wondering, if maybe clutch is out of adjustment or worn out. I don’t just hit throttle and hold it for long time. I’ve only had the buggy about 6wks and am still learning it. I will get it in to dealer for them to go over it. Probably needs a good going over with last three rides we have done
Not uncommen if you have aggressive mud tires stuck the machine won’t turn them over.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not uncommen if you have aggressive mud tires stuck the machine won’t turn them over.

Thanks, that’s what I wanted to hear. Makes me feel better

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got in a spot this weekend with stock tires that low range was no help. Fortunately I was able to back up. I did have it in 4 Lock.

IGR is in my future.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!