BOX1

P1000 EPS Modify electric power steering for larger tires.

Blaker3115

Blaker3115

Sep 5, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So after installed bigger tires it got me noticing a little more effort in the steering wheel (of coarse there is!!) Theres more on the ground which in return needs more output from the steering wheel.

What if there was a way to fool the signal of the torque sensors within the eps system for it to think theres a higher value of torque being applied to steering wheel than their actually is?

I have ran across a website explaining how to do exactly this. Now, Im no electrical expert but do have some basic knowledge of pot sensors and their applications used. From what this site explained is that you can wire a pot sensor in between the eps ecu and the torque sensors to have control of the voltage of what it thinks its seeing and manipulate it to help the Electric motor to give more assist. Fine tuning it with just the knob or (stem) to get it dialed in.

Im thinking of giving this a shot. Im sure I will get lashed on this topic some, but i feel would be a badass mod to help us get that stock easy turning steering back after the modifications of lifts and bigger tires.

AutoSpeed - Modifying Electric Power Steering

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Been a few threads on the issue and another in the works.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The other one. Granted this is for a Talon but uses the same equipment if u will and same issues.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
IDK for sure but I thought the 22s have upgraded power steering. Maybe a direct swap? I could be totally wrong.
They do. But from what I was told and read (in the link to post #3) to even do it with A Talon and or Pioneer is a new wireing harness and a bunch of other $hit. Bassically a complete nightmare.

Reactions: TripleB
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!