P1000 exhaust cutout

Fomocowboy

Fomocowboy

Dec 2, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Busted a bolt getting the spark arrestor out to clean it, couldn't get a drill in there so I pulled the exhaust because I may as well delete the cat. Anyway, I was blocking the wife's car so I had to move it. It'd drive me insane if it sounded like this all the time but I definitely want an exhaust cutout now!

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Busted a bolt getting the spark arrestor out to clean it, couldn't get a drill in there so I pulled the exhaust because I may as well delete the cat. Anyway, I was blocking the wife's car so I had to move it. It'd drive me insane if it sounded like this all the time but I definitely want an exhaust cutout now!

That actually sounds pretty mean

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ha, I wondered what it would sound like when it didn't have a George Jetson muffler on it.

When I bought mine used one of the spark arrestor bolts was already broken off. I just put anti-seize on the other two and run it.

I have never, and I mean never, had any success with an "easy out." Easy-snap-in-half is more like it.

Fomocowboy

Fomocowboy

Dec 2, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You know what would be really sweet if a guy had the time and money- to put an electric exhaust cutout in there that was actuated by the "sport mode" switch!

My cutout should be here today, I'll update here as I progress, hopefully have it done by Monday.

Fomocowboy

Fomocowboy

Dec 2, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got it all welded together. I love it. It's super loud open, but closed I honestly can't tell a difference in loudness or sound between this and the full factory exhaust with the cat! Which was a pretty big worry, I love how quiet my machine was, and was concerned about losing that quietness with the cat gone when the cutout is closed.
20210819 162244

• Love
Reactions: Mudwing and JenElio
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Got it all welded together. I love it. It's super loud open, but closed I honestly can't tell a difference in loudness or sound between this and the full factory exhaust with the cat! Which was a pretty big worry, I love how quiet my machine was, and was concerned about losing that quietness with the cat gone when the cutout is closed.
View attachment 290611
If you like to ride with others, I would rethink this mod, I hate riding with obnoxiously loud S x S's, I take the first cut off to get away from them, in my opinion this is stupid.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
"Stupid"???

You ain't seen nuttin'! It's a Yin and Yang thing - what we need is balance in the force. Y'all are raising them, I'm lowering mine. Just wait 'till I get the hydraulics installed to jump the front end on my Pioneer Low Ryder! Able to leap small pebbles without getting hung up - much!

• Haha
Reactions: Mudwing
Fomocowboy

Fomocowboy

Dec 2, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you like to ride with others, I would rethink this mod, I hate riding with obnoxiously loud S x S's, I take the first cut off to get away from them, in my opinion this is stupid.
I mean, the whole point of a cutout is to be able to quickly change from loud to quiet, and I have future plans to do so with a simple flick of a switch, had you spent more than 5 seconds before the urge to let everyone know that your dumbass thinks it's stupid was too much to bear, you might have realized that....

Hell, maybe I'll just permanently straight pipe it just to piss off assholes like you...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!