P500 Fabric roofs for 520

A

AZDesert

Feb 8, 2022
White Hills, AZ
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
Hello, I am new to the forum. I am thinking of buying a 520.I would like to know if the fabric roofs sold aftermarket substantially increase the overall height of the 520 or 500. I have a new shed which only has a door with a clearance of just 72.5" and the 520 has a height of 71.2". Unless I modify the header height on the shed, It would appear that I will be unable to add a roof, even a fabric roof. The Honda fabric roof has spring rods that stand up a few inches so they probably won't work for me. However, the Side by side store may have a thinner design. Any ideas? Thanks for any tips!

Reactions: 500oneer
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Hello, I am new to the forum. I am thinking of buying a 520.I would like to know if the fabric roofs sold aftermarket substantially increase the overall height of the 520 or 500. I have a new shed which only has a door with a clearance of just 72.5" and the 520 has a height of 71.2". Unless I modify the header height on the shed, It would appear that I will be unable to add a roof, even a fabric roof. The Honda fabric roof has spring rods that stand up a few inches so they probably won't work for me. However, the Side by side store may have a thinner design. Any ideas? Thanks for any tips!
I have a hard plastic roof that doesn't add over 3/8" .

A

AZDesert

Feb 8, 2022
White Hills, AZ
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
I have a hard plastic roof that doesn't add over 3/8" .
What brand is it? The std Honda hard roof appears to have ridges in the top that could add a few inches based on what I can see from images. I have not actually measured them, however.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
1st. WELCOME from central upstate N.Y
Many good members on the Honda forum : with information & help : ( including drain you net worth )

RED was the 1st color all other colors followed Honda hopes they sell
2018 RED P500 ( HONDA Hard Roof )
2022 GRAY 520 ( NO Roof at this time )
Later today :: will take some measurements & add them to this post.
Will take the measurements from inside lower Rollcage horizontal up to inside of Roof highest point -- P500.
Stright edge across top of highest point on Rollcage down to same horizontal on the P520.
Should give a good comparison.

Edit :: 2-1/2 inch higher with Honda Hard Roof Versus No Roof.

FYI: THE P500 With hard Roof is 75 inches high & fits in a shed with 6ft. Overhead Door using Ramps

Last edited:
A

AZDesert

Feb 8, 2022
White Hills, AZ
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
1st. WELCOME from central upstate N.Y
Many good members on the Honda forum : with information & help : ( including drain you net worth )

RED was the 1st color all other colors followed Honda hopes they sell
2018 RED P500 ( HONDA Hard Roof )
2022 GRAY 520 ( NO Roof at this time )
Later today :: will take some measurements & add them to this post.
Will take the measurements from inside lower Rollcage horizontal up to inside of Roof highest point -- P500.
Stright edge across top of highest point on Rollcage down to same horizontal on the P520.
Should give a good comparison.
Thanks. I think that since the front axle is forward of the highest point, this will allow the 520 to get past the threshold (which is directly under the header for the shed wall) while the rear axle is still on the lower exterior ramp. By the time the rear axle reaches the threshold, the highest point of the frame will have already passed the header. Actual measurements are much appreciated, however!

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I have an EMP hard roof and it would likelly add only 3/8 of an inch to the height.

Reactions: 500oneer
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
What brand is it? The std Honda hard roof appears to have ridges in the top that could add a few inches based on what I can see from images. I have not actually measured them, however.
Sorry I can't find my invoice but it looks exactly like this one .

QuadBoss V000178-11056Q High-Density Slim Roof​

I think back in 2016 or 17 when I bought mine it was $100.00

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Check out the @SuperATV roof for the P520 / P500, adds very little height (approx. 1/2") and is tinted see through. PS you cant go wrong with their hard coat tip out windshield either, also pictured below.

Message @SuperATV for a forum discount, probably save you 10% or so (about $75 on roof windshield combo)

Honda pioneer 520 tinted roof 4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!