Fabric top observations.

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
Tried the Bimini top on the p-4. Thought we ordered one without the rear panel so we could flip it forward to fill deer feeders. It did not happen as we got an attached rear panel with it. The panel has a zip open clear panel section. If we had a windshield, it has the hardware to attach to it. It has some fiberglass rods that attach to the roll bars and bow upward to keep water from puddleing on top. We decided not to leave the top on when towing.

Bottom line, to keep puddles off either the cover or a tarp the soft top rods or a hard cover is desirable IMO. As far as the cover is concerned..I don't mind displaying the name but I'm going to spray paint "Honda" black to make the p4 less noticeable to thieves in the back of my driveway.

The last picture shows the rods left on.

Attachments

• SAM_0617.JPG
    SAM_0617.JPG
    399.6 KB · Views: 507
  • SAM_0618.JPG
    SAM_0618.JPG
    410.8 KB · Views: 502
  • SAM_0619.JPG
    SAM_0619.JPG
    448.5 KB · Views: 511
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yep, I just installed mine today. I am not a fan of the rods, I was hopping it would be flush with the roll bars. But I see the purpose in the rods. I was thinking about shortening them so it set more flush. But, I'm going to leave it for now and see how I like it.

When towing.... Never mind... I was going to ask could you leave the rods on, But then I forgot they have to be removed anyways as they are through the fabric rod guides.

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
I left three rods on the p4 after removing the top then put the cover on. When it rains I'll give you a report. I did put a rat bait station under the p4 thinking the black cover may be comfortable for rodents.

N

nagromr1

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2013
Has anyone put top on and left rods off? Not worried about puddles wondered if it would be to loose I to thought it would lay flush on top of cage.

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
Question.
If hauling it covered. You should not have to remove the fabric top would you?
So do you leave it on?
Thanks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!