Talon Factory Talon touch up paint

cummins14

cummins14

Jul 18, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I’ve done some searching, but unless I’ve missed it, I can’t seem to find any info on factory Honda touch up paint for the Talon. If I can’t buy the touch up paint, maybe a paint code would be the next best thing to see about having a tube mixed up. For some reason the pointed areas on the drivers door that’s painted has a chip on it. I’d rather touch it up to hopefully keep any paint flaking from possibly occurring later on. Thanks for your help in advance!

Reactions: Isaiah
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
What color? I found it for the Green only but it is a 3 step paint (Base, Color, Clear) and a bit expensive. More like a repair kit rather than plain touch up paint...

ColorRite Motorcycle Paint

Maybe contact them to see if they have any of the other colors.

Reactions: Isaiah
H

HondaTech

I don't believe we've ever found the Reaper Red either, i'll have to check once I get to work tomorrow.

The only way to get the Green is through ColorRite in the 3 step process.

Whats really crazy is trying to find the silver on the Green R suspension components. Apparently Fox uses Eibach springs and the code they gave us for the color isn't the correct one.

Reactions: Isaiah and IDIOT
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
None of the paint manufacturers have picked up on any of the Talon paint codes so basically those codes go no where. Honda has dropped the ball on the touch up paint. I'm in the body shop biz and we have a color camera. Took some shots of the red on my X before I painted it all white. The computer picked Audi Y3U Tango red pearl. It is just about a dead on match. You can get touch up paint on Amazon for that Audi code or have a local shop mix some. Here's the front grille fascia done in base/clear urethane in that code.

Here's the Amazon link. '

IMG 9640

IMG 9458

Vegas77

Vegas77

Jan 3, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am confused here, in this post you talk about Audi and in this post you talk about Red Barron. What is the one you used here?

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I am confused here, in this post you talk about Audi and in this post you talk about Red Barron. What is the one you used here?

Red Barron is a powder coat match. The Audi paint code is what we sprayed on the plastic.

Reactions: CID
F

franchak1996

Apr 20, 2021
Jermyn Pa
Ownership

1. Talon R
Paint codes and colors are under the front hood on the right side

DC513EC4 6F09 42A6 B1AE A31FB7B0365F

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!