Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Image Image Image Image Had a very busy weekend with around 30 people camping. Around noon today everyone except the immediate family had left so my wife and kids decided we'd stay late and go for a ride. I had trouble with a bent steering control arm this weekend so we mainly stuck to dirt roads and we just cruised. My boys both on bikes wife and daughter with me in the Pioneer. Nice easy ride very peaceful day we all needed that. These are beautiful rides so quiet 45mph and you can talk and enjoy the scenery. On the way down the mountain my daughter took the wheel of the bus so I "could relax" as she said. I've got a couple videos to I'll get up soon.
I really hope others had a good relaxing day with loved ones and I wish you all a happy Father's Day.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Videos up. My daughter driving for my "present " pretty comfortable considering she's got 65 ft and 50k weight:) p.s. The bus is fairly quiet but the dash is a shelf and everything that's paced there rattles to all hell
Us following the boys at about 25-30 on the corners and 45-50 down the straights. Pretty smooth and quiet sure scoots on dirt roads. 4wd high. Sorry for video quality I was holding my phone.

Last edited:
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Videos up. My daughter driving for my "present " pretty comfortable considering she's got 65 ft and 50k weight:)
Us following the boys at about 25-30 on the corners and 45-50 down the straights. Pretty smooth and quiet sure scoots on dirt roads. 4wd high. Sorry for video quality I was holding my phone.

That was a pretty good video actually.

WAY quieter than the unit that I test drove.

I am beginning to notice some anecdotes though. Yours is quiet, several of the other guys that have the P1000-5 Deluxe tell me that they don't know what I am talking about when I talk about how loud they are.

But I tried a P1000 EPS and that is the same as Plumber has and he says his is very noisy. I wonder if there is some difference in noise related to the different trim levels or just different units?

This is what the one that test drove sounded like. An ear piercing shriek at low speeds.

Reactions: Plumber32
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Crowhunter I just honestly don't know what to say here this is now my second 1000 and I I rode in a third one they were all good. With windshield in they were a little louder but we almost always have the roof in and they are not bad. I did use two cans of texture spray on the roof to cut down the echo a bit and this one I immediately put thicker diff fluid in but that's literally because you could here them over the motor. No other insulation not even the heat shield under the seat that I imagine helps. The 1000 was our forth sxs and its miles quieter. Running in high definitely helps I'm just not in low unless I'm driving up a tree pulling something heavy or getting with it in tight trails. Even in the technical stuff in low usually you don't need to rev the piss out of it she's got plenty of torque. We can all talk just fine and under 5000 r's it's damn quiet. In that video ours had about 70miles on it and is a little quiter the new but our last one had 1600 and it was even better. The damn doors and box rattle a high pitch squeak but that's a ten minute fix with a 10mm. Like I said gear noise too. Noise is different with everyone but anyone that's ever been in our one of our 1000's have raved about how quiet they are. One guy in a General couldn't stop about it. Rangers oviously but even a couple people from Yamaha's. I push people to drive it up camping because I'm proud of how nice they are and everyone always raves. You do bring up possible valid point on 3vs5 but I wouldn't think the 3 would be different then the 5 with seats up. Don't know for certain though. I do know I love ours and enough so that even with my last problem there was no other sxs even on our list.

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey CP, where's the hose clamp that holds the snorkel on the top of the tube? I know if I don't use a clamp, the snorkel top would come off.

Maybe it's on there and I just couldn't see it in the video.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hey CP, where's the hose clamp that holds the snorkel on the top of the tube? I know if I don't use a clamp, the snorkel top would come off.

I was wondering the same thing:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

It stays on just fine. I've been having the hood off so much with trying to get it back up to the other one every chance I get I decided to leave it off after it made it up camping trailered at 75. We've not been easy on it. It didn't even budge when we tried ripping the right front off:)

Reactions: joeymt33
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It stays on just fine. I've been having the hood off so much with trying to get it back up to the other one every chance I get I decided to leave it off after it made it up camping trailered at 75. We've not been easy on it. It didn't even budge when we tried ripping the right front off:)
Looks Cleaner that way! I like it! If it falls off, there is always superglue. lol;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looks Cleaner that way! I like it! If it falls off, there is always superglue. lol;)
It really stays on pretty well. I do have clamps though and after I get the under hood stuff in and secured it'll go on. I know I know:) I'm working my ass off go easy on me:)

Reactions: Eltobgi
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And btw has anyone seen black clamps this large?? I've looked doesn't anyone else sometimes hate the stainless look? Dammit

advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
And btw has anyone seen black clamps this large?? I've looked doesn't anyone else sometimes hate the stainless look? Dammit
I have not but am also interested. But... I have resorted to a few wraps of electrical tape to hide the chrome clamps.lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's not a bad idea. That will work for now

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Videos up. My daughter driving for my "present " pretty comfortable considering she's got 65 ft and 50k weight:) p.s. The bus is fairly quiet but the dash is a shelf and everything that's paced there rattles to all hell
I love it when my daughter says "you ok dad?" When she is driving the buggy. They can read us too well!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know right!they have a way about them. I was more nervous then she that's for sure. She's only driven the bus a few times and it's air brakes with abs so if pop the pedal everything is removed from the inside to the windshield instantly. A bus can stop! I think she caught me bracing myself. I totally trust her in everything else though. A daughter is something else they can make you madder then a rabid animal and make your heart skip a beat 30sec later someday possible jail time for the punk she may bring home. She's tough though I prefer it that way.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That is a good idea. I'm curious if it would hold up???

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!