Fender Flare in under thirty minutes

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
That's right, I fabricated and installed temporarily one fender flare for my P2 moments ago. My background was in roofing and sheet metal . Today I decided to get out my snips and some metal laying around the shop to fab a rocker switch panel. I made two not sure which one I like the best as they are made to mount in different locations. I showed to my buddy Moose and he like them both. I decided to change things up and challenge myself to create a fender flare as fast as I could and told Moose he said "heck yea" so here it is. I know it needs paint and permanately fixed to fender but I did it in under 30 minutes and your the third group to see it. I could tell you how I did it but then I'd have to kill you. Can we say patent together now. I may make the rest for my P2 tomorrow if I have time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 946
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 945
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looks good. I have plans to do something like this. Just use the old Honda pop rivets and mount it to what's already there.
Nice work.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
No mounted yet, looks like it. I'm giving it considerable thought. I think whenever fender flares are done with injection molding they will make mine look foolish. Plastic is cheap and you can do so much more than with flat stock metal.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
They look good,curious how your going to mount them.You going to drill holes in the fender or ??.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
So after some thought, I've concluded that these would be better if I form them with ABS or Kydex plastics. This metal was a good idea to start the process of getting to a finished set that compliment the Honda design. With plastics I can get around some safety issues related to the sharp edges of metal. Attachment utilizing metal to plastic creates issues also, utilizing plastics will allow for use of plastic rivets. There you have it, I will be posting updates as necessary as the process continues.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Update Flare template

Making template before creating final flare. Any thoughts good or bad let me have them. Attachment will be with rivets, flare will be made to apply on exterior of fender or underside. This is where your thought may help. I have no intention of selling these, just don't want to wait for the aftermarket flares.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 720
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 725

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!