BOX1

P1000m5 Finally got mine, and the mods have started!

T

tycoonbob

Jan 9, 2018
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New mods!

Got a 15" mirror from Amazon. Overall, I like it...but being centered doesn't work well. I'm going to have to slide it more to the driver's side eventually.
LzJ7KT5

Also got the Honda Fabric Mid-Panel installed, also ordered from Amazon. Ran into a couple minor challenges caused by my roof, but I was able to make it work.
8aUSZ0Q

Pbmh7I2

I've got the Honda Fabric Doors on hand, and hoping to get those installed this weekend. I'll only need those for 3-4 months out of the year, but they'll be nice to have. Come Monday, I should have the Honda Drink Holders that go on the front doors. Cheap easy mod, and I really don't understand why it's not factory. But they're only $15 or so.

And finally, a glamour shot:
IMAzWAH

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Got my doors installed a week ago or so. Not super happy with them, but they'll work. I feel like if they were just a little bit bigger, they'd fit a lot better.

VgfTHOU
Looks like a butterfly jar, HA! I'll trade you white for the yellow plastics! The yellow is great!

Reactions: tycoonbob and pct
T

tycoonbob

Jan 9, 2018
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like a butterfly jar, HA! I'll trade you white for the yellow plastics! The yellow is great!

Man, that's so tempting because I think the white looks great too. But I love my yellow!

Reactions: Smitty335
Fireman013

Fireman013

Lifetime Member
Nov 24, 2017
Nashville Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks it’s been a lot of work and a lot of $$ but it’s she’s the way i like her. Lol.

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Nice buggy! What brand of lights? Just got my 20 inchers, thinking about one bar lower????
My light went one bar higher and no it didn't have one so off to the fab shop I went.

T

tycoonbob

Jan 9, 2018
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my dual battery setup, and a few other things added:

BNwrPcX

CRq2ts0

KXzYcFn

Great start, and now I'm ready to add audio, lights, and other accessories!

Next up, Axia Alloys Grab Handle. I like the one I have on my driver side a pillar, but not crazy over how it slides up and down on me. The Axia Alloys Handle is pricey...but it's the best I could find. Got mine in black, and should have by Friday.

Also ordered a Dome Light Kit, and an "Interior Lights" switch to go with it. Should be getting that in this weekend.

Lastly, I've ordered my audio setup. Decided to go with the Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 and Wet Sounds Stealth Series Surge 10 sound bar. Has 10 3" woofers, to my knowledge, as well as an amplifier built-in. Considered just going with the bluetooth model, but I'd rather have a traditional head unit so I went with the Surge model. The Core model is the same as this, except it doesn't have a 300W built-in amplifier. Planing to mount the sound bar across the middle roll bar and run wires down and under the seat/floor area.

Can't wait!

Reactions: Sparky74
T

tycoonbob

Jan 9, 2018
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Several updates. Installed the RB3 door bushings, which I am happy with.

Installed my audio system! Rockford Fostgate PMX-3 source unit, Wet Sounds Stealth Surge 10 speaker bar, and a Cerwin Vega VPAS10 powered subwoofer. Bit of work to get all this installed and setup, but so far I'm quite happy with it.

Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 Source Unit

X0ftm19

Wet Sounds Stealth Surge 10 Speaker Bar

Uk201X8

Cerwin Vega VPAS10 Powered Subwoofer (before mounting, wiring)

EyN6GRJ

Here's a quick little video I did this afternoon. Hope to get a better one once I have more time.

And finally, got me some Black Oak LED pod lights. I went with the 2 Inch pods, with 4 10W Cree LED's in each. These are the flood model (yes, I have a "Spot Lights" switch, and will be swapping that out here in a few days with one that says "Flood Lights").

WoNKlC3

EJEX39p

ZvORggW

Got a lot done in the past couple of weeks. Really the only things left I'm wanting to do is wire up my interior light, add a light bar to my roof, and add a single 2 Inch pod light to the rear. Hoping for warmer weather so I can start to enjoy her more!

R

RiverratTX

Jun 11, 2018
Austin, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice looking P1000!
Glad to have another Kentucky rider.
I live around Lexington. I have been thinking about a top. I do like yours. What can you tell me about the roof you put on?
We plan on riding in Western KY this year near Paducah

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Never heard of Crawfordsville KY. Where about is that?

I'm in Richmond, but I have ties to Campbellsville/Lebanon area (went to school in Taylor County), but originally from eastern KY (Inez, but close to Paintsville/Prestonsburg/Louisa/Pikeville). So I travel the state a good bit visiting family and the such.
You in Kentucky?
My Mom and My 1st cousins are from maytown/Prestonsburg use to spend a lot of my summers down there when I was in school.

THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took delivery yesterday of a 2018 1000-5 deluxe, in yellow. I haven't seen many yellows around here yet, but loving mine. I had a Tusk aluminum roof and flip up windshield waiting in the garage for her to show up, and they immediately went on.

So many things planned, like dual battery (w/ isolator, switched relay, separate fuse panel) radio (Rockford PMX-3 + amp & 4 channel speakers), lights (brand undecided) , winch, rear bumper, gps tracking, and more.

How she showed up:

View attachment 94951

An hour later:

View attachment 94952
View attachment 94953

The next morning (roof was put on the night before, but was too dark for photos):

View attachment 94954
View attachment 94955
View attachment 94956
View attachment 94957

Can't wait to get her dirty, and make her unique!
I like the yellow. I have yellow also.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I like the yellow, my 98 foreman was the same, boy them suckers are bright when they are new.

The Pioneer 1000 color is called Active Yellow and is like safety yellow. Way different than the older yellow like your Foreman and the 2015 Pioneer 500 had.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
The Pioneer 1000 color is called Active Yellow and is like safety yellow. Way different than the older yellow like your Foreman and the 2015 Pioneer 500 had.
Too funny :cool::D

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!