AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got the chance to take the machine out and break her in. I took it pretty slow for most of the trail. Scratched her up and got her dirty. It was a good day. I have about 4 more video's to edit and post of this trip. When I get the time to edit them I will add them.

Reactions: AKTMW
AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got the chance to take the machine out and break her in. I took it pretty slow for most of the trail. Scratched her up and got her dirty. It was a good day. I have about 4 more video's to edit and post of this trip. When I get the time to edit them I will add them.

Awesome video. We were out there a few days ago with my buddy's white Pioneer 1000. It did pretty good, especially at the deeper creek crossings. Bottomed out through the boulder section, but had full skids so didn't damage anything. He had stock wheels and tires, so should be better when he gets a lift and bigger tires on. Made it back to the "look out", and it did great climbing up a couple steep hills, didn't feel tippy at all.

Reactions: AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome video. We were out there a few days ago with my buddy's white Pioneer 1000. It did pretty good, especially at the deeper creek crossings. Bottomed out through the boulder section, but had full skids so didn't damage anything. He had stock wheels and tires, so should be better when he gets a lift and bigger tires on. Made it back to the "look out", and it did great climbing up a couple steep hills, didn't feel tippy at all.

Thanks! I'm waiting on my skids before I get too serious. I ordered from Trail Armor 2 days ago. Shipping directly from them was outrageous, so I had them shipped to Tacoma where Carlisle Transportation will put them on a boat. Much cheaper that way. I had a full set of tires and rims for my Rancher shipped here for $77.

SheepCreekAK

SheepCreekAK

Apr 20, 2016
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice ride.. I'm in the AK as well. I have a P1K5D and I love it. 360 miles on it. I have been doing most of my riding around Talkeetna. This thing impresses me every time I take it out.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice ride.. I'm in the AK as well. I have a P1K5D and I love it. 360 miles on it. I have been doing most of my riding around Talkeetna. This thing impresses me every time I take it out.

So far I am really impressed with my machine. I've only put about 35 miles on it so far. Definitely not enough! Since I won't have the skids for this weekend, and the wife would like to get used to driving somewhere that isn't too technical, I'm thinking about riding Permanente trail sometime this weekend. Probably Sunday. I have some yard work to catch up with on Saturday.

There's a few others on here that are in the area. One of these days we should have a Pioneer rally. I've never rode up in your area but would love to.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Part 2. This is a really fun ride and it was a gorgeous day. Still keeping it slow and easy. We saw a really nice sized moose, and the skeleton of one that looked to have passed naturally... in the middle of the trail. We encountered more moose later on in the ride. Sorry we didn't stop for pics. Seeing moose here is like seeing whitetail in the lower 48 ;)

I apologize for the large breaks in area's I recorded. There were times the battery died in the GoPro and I didn't notice.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Part 3. Heading out.

Last edited:
SheepCreekAK

SheepCreekAK

Apr 20, 2016
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So far I am really impressed with my machine. I've only put about 35 miles on it so far. Definitely not enough! Since I won't have the skids for this weekend, and the wife would like to get used to driving somewhere that isn't too technical, I'm thinking about riding Permanente trail sometime this weekend. Probably Sunday. I have some yard work to catch up with on Saturday.

There's a few others on here that are in the area. One of these days we should have a Pioneer rally. I've never rode up in your area but would love to.
That sounds good. I don't have skids or winch on mine so i have to pick and chose where I go. Good thing I never ride alone. There's a group of us that are going to try Yoter road this week end. I went up there about 4 weeks ago and it was a wet muddy mess so we turned around. I'm hoping it has dried up enough to get to the top.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The day turned from beautiful blue skies to gray and rain, but it didn't stop the ride or the fun.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That sounds good. I don't have skids or winch on mine so i have to pick and chose where I go. Good thing I never ride alone. There's a group of us that are going to try Yoter road this week end. I went up there about 4 weeks ago and it was a wet muddy mess so we turned around. I'm hoping it has dried up enough to get to the top.

Even with a winch I try to always have another machine with me. You just never know when something will break, or you get stuck in an area that has nothing to winch to. With any of my machines I've never had to walk out of anywhere but I have helped people out that were.

This was on Pinochle trail about 12 years ago. We found the guys that were riding these a few miles away, hiking out. They were about 10 miles from the trailhead. They had been moose hunting and were riding machines they borrowed from a friend. They really messed up these machines. We got them out, though.

Have a good ride this weekend!

Mudhole

SheepCreekAK

SheepCreekAK

Apr 20, 2016
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Even with a winch I try to always have another machine with me. You just never know when something will break, or you get stuck in an area that has nothing to winch to. With any of my machines I've never had to walk out of anywhere but I have helped people out that were.

This was on Pinochle trail about 12 years ago. We found the guys that were riding these a few miles away, hiking out. They were about 10 miles from the trailhead. They had been moose hunting and were riding machines they borrowed from a friend. They really messed up these machines. We got them out, though.

Have a good ride this weekend!

View attachment 15891
That's why I don't let any one borrow my machines. I do enough damage my self. He really had that one stuck

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!