P1000m5 First ride on our 18 1000-5

C

Ctimrun

Sep 10, 2015
Took our family out for a 60 mile ride in our new (1 mile on odo) 1000-5 yeasterday afternoon and we were very impressed with the machine. We sold a 2016 Kawasaki Teryx 4 LE to get into the 1000-5 and we are very happy with our decision. The Teryx was so loud and so hot (even at mellow family speeds) it wasn’t fun for us to ride. We had it for 2 years and barely had 200 miles on it, which was mostly me solo. Compared to the Teryx this 1000-5 was so much nicer to ride. We could actually carry on a conversation without yelling at each other and compared to the Teryx there was very little heat in the front or back seats. IMO the suspension on the Honda was also smoother on the same trails. The wife and kids (and dogs) were way more comfortable than we ever were in the Teryx.

Thought I would add a quick comparison for anyone wondering how the Honda compares to the Kawasaki. Hoping the Honda will give us many years of trouble free fun. Looking forward to learning more about it here on this forum!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad you were able to get away from the "DARK SIDE" and are here with us. Great machine. Join in the conversation here. Lots of very knowledgeable and willing to help folks around here.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are some heat problems but if you apply the pretty easy heat “fixes” there is hardly any heat at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

Ctimrun

Sep 10, 2015
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Took our Pioneer out for another 15 miles this evening on some steeper trails. Used low gear for a bit, loving the way this transmission works. Keeps the engine rpm at a reasonable number and allows us to hear each other talking and laughing unlike the kawi. Still haven’t felt the heat issue I’ve read about but maybe because we’ve got the 18 with the changes it makes a difference. Anyways loving this Honda!

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Took our Pioneer out for another 15 miles this evening on some steeper trails. Used low gear for a bit, loving the way this transmission works. Keeps the engine rpm at a reasonable number and allows us to hear each other talking and laughing unlike the kawi. Still haven’t felt the heat issue I’ve read about but maybe because we’ve got the 18 with the changes it makes a difference. Anyways loving this Honda!
Good to hear and welcome

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Congrats on new purchase we bought a 1000-5 deluxe in may and love it. The people on this sight are extremely helpful and knowledgeable, don't be afraid to ask questions you will get tons of info. They helped me a lot and the mods these guys come up with are great ideas. I have stole a couple. Lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Congratulations and welcome. Awesome to hear how happy you are with the machine, and that’s cool to hear your thoughts on the comparison.

advertisement
oldtrucks

oldtrucks

Mar 15, 2015
Pinehurst Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from North Idaho. We have a 2016 1000 5 EPS. Right at 7500 miles with 0 issues and it was the very first one the dealership had. It fills many roles for us. I plow with it, it gets used as a mini truck and our daily run about.
We really don't know what we would do without it. Just yesterday we put 4 good sized adults in it and did a 50 mile ride up in our mountains had a lot of fun.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!