AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I picked up my P1000-5D this past Saturday morning and spent the rest of the day installing the winch, glass windshield, hard roof and mirrors. It was pretty daunting having the whole thing torn apart before it's first ride... lol. I learned a lot about the machine, though.

Took it out Sunday, fully loaded with 3 adults and two children. I can tell you one thing... I LOVE this machine! I didn't do too much because I want to give it a good break in, but what I did do tells me that it is more than capable of getting to the places I want to go. For any of you that know the trails above Sutton, AK you know where I was riding. Some can be pretty challenging at times. I headed up the trail going to Eska Falls and the machine did everything I asked of it. I turned around before the big mud hole because the trail was getting pretty nasty and I didn't have another machine with me if anything happened.

Everyone had a blast and enjoyed riding and driving it. I even let the 12 year-olds drive - under supervision of course - and they loved it. After that I think my daughter is going to be bored with her RZR 170. I think the person that had the most fun overall was my wife. As you can see the pic she isn't very tall and doesn't weigh enough or have enough physical strength to handle an ATV in mud, rough terrain, hills, etc. Whenever she's gone out she has always been on the back of my Rincon. As you all know, you can't do a lot of things when you are riding someone. Anyway, she had a blast and can't wait to go out again. She's now wanting to go to, and past, all the places we used to turn around at when it wasn't safe to have a rider and it would suck to be a walker.

One down side to the ride. The drive mode was inconsistent when trying going into 4WD Diff Lock and Turf Modes. 2WD and 4WD worked fine. I cycled it through everything and that is the only problem I had. It's probably just an adjustment, but I'm taking it back to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully they handle it quick and get it back to me soon. We are itching to get out and play!

Pioneer with Audrey

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
wish my wife loved to ride too... took her on a ride at the recent Pioneer Takeover at Royal Blue, and she had a full blown panic attack!lol

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@AKRider Congrats on the new ride, glad to hear it exceeds your expectations. the wife and I used to do ATV's one ride in a SXS and she was hooked as well. Please share pics of your rides in that beautiful state.

Reactions: AKRider
whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Got any pics of the glass windshield. Having trouble finding pics from different angles. Thanks.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Got any pics of the glass windshield. Having trouble finding pics from different angles. Thanks.
Look at my build thread many pics from every angle of glass windshield.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
wish my wife loved to ride too... took her on a ride at the recent Pioneer Takeover at Royal Blue, and she had a full blown panic attack!lol
We need to get together sometime and let my wife work on yours lol. Mine absolutely loves to get away in ours. Our screwy work schedule doesn't let us do that much though. Even if she can't convince yours, at least they can chat while the kids play (and you and I can sneak off somewhere lmao).

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the family AKRider. Keep those pics coming! I've always had an itch to visit AK and one of these days I'm gonna have to scratch it lol. You will continue to be impressed with your machine.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Congrats on the new machine. Hit me up if you need another machine to ride with. Thinking about going to Sutton this weekend with my boys. Going to try Zero Lake tomorrow with some buddies.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@AKRider Congrats on the new ride, glad to hear it exceeds your expectations. the wife and I used to do ATV's one ride in a SXS and she was hooked as well. Please share pics of your rides in that beautiful state.
Will do Jackal.

advertisement
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats on the new machine. Hit me up if you need another machine to ride with. Thinking about going to Sutton this weekend with my boys. Going to try Zero Lake tomorrow with some buddies.
Thanks AK_Centurion. Still waiting to get the machine back from the dealer. They ordered the part last week. Hopefully it's in this week and I get the machine back soon. I've never been to Zero Lake. I'll have to check it out.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry... didn't see this until now. If you still need more pics I can take some when I get the machine back from the dealer.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can adjust the turf mode and diff lock yourself, it's pretty easy. Here is a link with some info on how to do it.
P1000 - Park and 2wd lock adjustment
Thanks for the info. I honestly didn't even look into doing this myself. I had the machine less than 24 hours when I found this problem. The dealer needs to make this right.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!