First use of the new winch/bumper

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
Went out to check a friends property yesterday, its been recently logged and theres lots of tops down that he wants removed. We we forging our own trail, and came upon a creek and steep hill. Gave it a few attempts, but it wasn't happening in the snow. This was a perfect time to try out my new winch/bumper!

We hooked a strap to a tree, and hooked up the winch. The dash switches were great, I was able to use throttle and winch and steer all from the comfort of the cab!

Photo214

Photo114

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have to say I haven't been in a situation where I've needed the winch yet. But good to know it'll get you out.

Kinda hope I never need it. Kinda like a gun better to have it and never need it, than need it and never have it.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Glad it worked good for you.Your right about it being nice to do stuff in the comfort of a cab.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya binfordw,
You did a great job. I am glad it works well and you got to test it out so now you know.
Love the snow pictures.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
I should add, I went back with the owner and a friend, they were in a Jeep wrangler (YJ) and a (beatup!) Geo tracker. I was able to crawl up, over and through everything they got stuck on. The honda pulled both vehicles out of tricky spots several times easily. The Jeep was unable to back up a decent hill at one point, and the Pioneer easily pulled it backwards up the snow covered hill. I was sure happy- and everyone commented on how well it did- and how it just went everywhere.

(The vehicles mentioned had open diffs, I'm not bashing Jeeps!. I still own a 99 wrangler (parts of it anyway!!) A short wheelbase vehicle with locked diffs and decent tires would have done fine, and not needed a strap.)

H

hydrantman

I also had to use my winch although used a little different, got stuck in some mud with my Truck and the trailer which was hauling my Pioneer, had to take the Pioneer off the trailer and winch the truck and trailer out of the mud and than continue on. Didn't think about taking video it would have been great.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!