Fix to shocks bottoming out, Low Gear Transfer Case etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tbocfo

Supporting Member
May 13, 2014
I found a viable solution to all of the Pioneers troubles. The Pioneer is a workhorse and extremely reliable but it does have some issues that I cannot live with anymore. As you all know the 2014 front shocks cant handle whoops at 20 mph without bottoming out. Think about that for a second, that is school zone speeds. Transfer case lacks a low range. No power steering, when front end is locked it takes all 200lbs. of me to turn the thing. Last but not least 700cc seriously!

I bought my Pioneer 700-4 as my first side by side and after 10 months of dealing with these problems and Honda not getting aggressive with their side by side offerings for 2015 I solved my problem and you can too. I bought a new 2014 Polaris RZR 800 S for less than my Pioneer because Polaris is closing out the 2014 models right now. (I do not work for Polaris or a dealership) Low Range that can actually send the front end in the air, whoops at 50mph, top speed 67mph, Fox Podium Shocks(no chance of bottoming out here), Power steering that I can turn with my pinky. 12 inches of ground clearance. The Polaris does have it's own issues but I can easily change a drive belt, and I love to wrench on things I own.

The other plus is the aftermarket support is unreal do you want a spare tire carrier? pick from the 20 available, roll cages, windshields, tops. You can build your own and have it suit your needs.

I listed my Pioneer for sale and it sold in 2 hours and I made money on it.

Pioneer exit stage left<<<<<<<<<<

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Why did you buy the pioneer in the first place. Sound like you wanted a sport SxS in the first place. Don't understand people buying a pioneer thinking it will trail ride like a sport SxS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
What an idiot. Waste of time even writing and me reading it.

Reactions: Geoff
spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
well good for him. but if he thinks a belt change once in a while will be his only concern he has a big surprise coming.
I guess he can flag down a Honda to tow him home. lol
Polaris the way out, tow rope the way back. lol

T

tbocfo

Supporting Member
May 13, 2014
I know some of you are upset. I bought a Pioneer because I love Honda and thought an all around sxs would work for me, as I stated it was my first sxs.

As for the Polaris breaking down, there are thousands out any given weekend in Utah and it's really great that most Rzr owners are willing to help other Rzr owners out. With the Pioneer I never seen one while out riding. I can tell you I will stop to help anyone but some are brand loyal and I own the most popular brand available. Like I stated I love to work on vehicles so I have no problem with the Rzr.

The other thing is I am not an old fart and like to have fun so the Rzr suits me well. If I do see a Pioneer out there on the trail I will be sure to show them pictures ahead of where there lack of gearing could not go, I don't want to leave anyone out.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
To me it's not about being upset. Im just really wondering why you bought a pioneer in the first place. Don't understand going polar opposite. I did a ton of research before buying mine and it fits what I wanted perfect. Did you not do any research? I'm not a old fart either. And I like trail riding and I know if I wanted a trail riding SxS I would of got a sport model. There is no having the best of both worlds in a SxS. If you buy a sport model it will not be that good at working if you buy a working model it won't be that good at trail riding. It's pretty common knowledge.

T

tbocfo

Supporting Member
May 13, 2014
Actually the Rzr does great on rocky trails (low range, adjustable shocks, better seats). It does great at the dunes, desert and on and on.

If your not old you must be blind. I stated the Honda was my first SxS. I did not have much research to go on as the forums at that time had <20 active members who stroked each others ego about buying a Pioneer. Really there was no reliable information when I bought it. I watched a review from AYL (At Your Leisure) now I know they were paid to say nothing negative about it. Seems Honda did a great PR job with the Pioneer. If your not old then you must be boring. Eat my dust!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tbocfo, I think is a Honda fan, he was hoping the Pioneer was something it isn't because he is a Honda fan.

The Pioneer is NOT a RZR hopefully Honda is going to release some competition SOON!

Everyone has a different riding style, I feel the Pioneer 700 does a good job of meeting a majority of people's needs. That said it doesn't meet everyone's. I think Honda has tried to make itself known, it has, now it just needs to let the other stuff loose so that more people's wants and needs are met.

Polaris has a decade of a head start, Honda used to lead the market. While they are still a major player in other parts of the powersports market. They just aren't in SXSs, hopefully they will be again in the future.

Reactions: Vato
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Come on guys. Let's keep it respectful.

We all know the RzR and the Pioneer are not even close to being the same. Sounds like he bought the Pioneer hoping for a more sportier feel then what it actually was. I still think his faith is with Honda but his riding style requires more performance then Honda currently offers.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Did you look at the Yamaha R spec. Sounds like it would fit you better. Yamaha has a better build quality also.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
You will like the RZR but if you put lots of miles on it you will need lots of repair. Check the RZR forum for all the problems. The RZR fun factor is high and Honda will have sport models this year and now that you bought a RZR they will probably announce them this month. Thanks!!

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The Wolverine tops out at 54 and is more of a cross over. The suspension has less travel but may work nearly as good as the RZR S. My 2011 RZR 900 just turned over 10,000 miles today. I will replace it with a Honda or Yamaha sport model. I sold my 2012 and 2013 Polaris models. Way too many break downs and warranty was turned down on the 2013 because I had too many miles on it. Got 9,000 miles on my Pioneer 700 and 2,300 on my Pioneer 500.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
hondabob said:
My 2011 RZR 900 just turned over 10,000 miles today..... Got 9,000 miles on my Pioneer 700 and 2,300 on my Pioneer 500.
WOW...

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I think we know he will be back when Honda gets their s*** together. Until then who wants to wait? Who knows it could be years away.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Hondasxs said:
Come on guys. Let's keep it respectful.

We all know the RzR and the Pioneer are not even close to being the same. Sounds like he bought the Pioneer hoping for a more sportier feel then what it actually was. I still think his faith is with Honda but his riding style requires more performance then Honda currently offers.

Sorry but I feel him getting on here and doing what he did is a little more disrespectful than anything we have said. Just bye a damn rzr and be gone have fun. Don't have to get back on here and start s*** and do that this ain't no damn Facebook. What the hell did he expect starting a thread like this with the title it had. Pretty dumb if you ask me. He did it for a reaction and that's what he got. Which is quite disrespectful.

T

tbocfo

Supporting Member
May 13, 2014
I'm a loyal Honda guy and meant no disrespect.

I have read the constant complaints on this forum about the Pioneer while I owned mine and I was just suggesting a fix.

I am extremely happy with my Rzr and thought I would inform those who gripe about the Pioneer.

It's true when Honda steps up to the plate and grows a pair with a real sport side by side I will be back.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
tbocfo said:
I'm a loyal Honda guy and meant no disrespect.

I have read the constant complaints on this forum about the Pioneer while I owned mine and I was just suggesting a fix.

I am extremely happy with my Rzr and thought I would inform those who gripe about the Pioneer.

It's true when Honda steps up to the plate and grows a pair with a real sport side by side I will be back.

So what you're saying, to Honda, in a somewhat sarcastic way(sarcasm is my second language and is hard to read/interpret online, I've learned this the hard way), is that although Honda is the best and you'd prefer a Honda, Honda does not currently offer a SXS for the type of riding you prefer. You hoped the Pioneer would be able to be made to fit your riding style, but based on your sportier riding style there are a few shortcomings of the current offerings and they don't fit what you want to be able to do with a SxS. That the current Pioneer lineup is more of a crossover, utility/mild trail machine with more in common with a Ranger than a RZR and you would like Honda to have also offered a SXS that was a direct competitor for the RXR1000?

Am I close in this interpretation?

If so please when they release a 1000cc class sport machine be the first to buy and review.

T

tbocfo

Supporting Member
May 13, 2014
I won't hold my breath!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@wyo700
I see your point.
Buying a RzR is defiantly not a fix.
He will find that out soon enough.

.............................................Post locked as it has no where else to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.