P1000 flip out windshield flaps in the wind

S

smm1000

Jun 18, 2017
ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
honda sig series windshield flaps in the wind when tilted out, does any one have an idea for a center brace/shock/support that i could make/purchase for the middle of the windshield . thanks for any help in advance

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's annoying, mine does it too. Someone made a stick that they jam in there. I can't find it right now.

Welshman

Welshman

May 12, 2017
Malad, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
honda sig series windshield flaps in the wind when tilted out, does any one have an idea for a center brace/shock/support that i could make/purchase for the middle of the windshield . thanks for any help in advance
Mine flaps to. Thats the only purchase I regret so far. Had it installed at the dealer. Wish I had shopped around some or read more on here.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Mine does it too. Was part of the deal i got from the dealer. Personally I would have rather had the super ATV one. I took the top half off and plan to only use it in the rain or winter.

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry but don't know what a sig series windshield is. A windshield will be my next purchase for my 1000-5 so would like to stay away from the windshield you mentioned.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sorry but don't know what a sig series windshield is. A windshield will be my next purchase for my 1000-5 so would like to stay away from the windshield you mentioned.

The "Sig series" is Hondas line of signature accessories. I have it and yes it flaps like crazy at high speeds.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!