Talon Floor mats

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Anyone running floor mats? At first I liked the idea of just bare floors, easy to hose out. But after a ride on a road with a lot of puddles and getting splashed through the drain holes, I'm thinking floor mats that block the drain holes, might be nice. Also trying to keep some more heat in now that I have a heater and enclosure, and the primary use right now is snow.

The only ones that I can find made for the talon are the honda ones and I've honestly been a little disappointed with all the honda accessories I've bought lately. I'm thinking either buy some cheap generic mats and cut them up to fit. Buy some rubber and cut it to fit but leave a ~1" flap around the outside to block the drains. Or get some outdoor carpet and cut to fit.

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Anyone running floor mats? At first I liked the idea of just bare floors, easy to hose out. But after a ride on a road with a lot of puddles and getting splashed through the drain holes, I'm thinking floor mats that block the drain holes, might be nice. Also trying to keep some more heat in now that I have a heater and enclosure, and the primary use right now is snow.

The only ones that I can find made for the talon are the honda ones and I've honestly been a little disappointed with all the honda accessories I've bought lately. I'm thinking either buy some cheap generic mats and cut them up to fit. Buy some rubber and cut it to fit but leave a ~1" flap around the outside to block the drains. Or get some outdoor carpet and cut to fit.

I have the Honda brand Talon mats. They feel great on my feet all day but they do not cover the drain holes.

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Well I picked up some "workout mat" material from home depot. It looks kinda like the 1" thick horse mat stuff, but more like 1/4" thick. It's very grippy, so Im hoping it won't slide around or be slick on my feet with a little water or snow.

Reactions: dnjones161
Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Well I made the floor mats today. Pretty straight forward, took rough measurements, made cardboard mockups, trimmed to fit, then traced onto the rubber. I guess it was actually work out equipment mat.

IMG 20200115 141246

Came out pretty good, the stuff was pretty easy to work with. I just used some heavy duty scissors. The backs looked easy at first, but they were more parallelogram than square.

IMG 20200115 142527

Kevinka1977

Kevinka1977

Dec 31, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon X
I just installed the factory Honda ones. Well worth it. Now my feet don’t slip all over, especially when getting in and out in mud.

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't have any pictures of it right now but I made floor mats for Pioneer with large Truck mud flap rubber they worked good, I had some laying around doing nothing,,,,,,,

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!