Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
IMG 2440
So a little back story... Was riding on a rough rocky road and exhaust simply broke apart. Once from header pipe into actual exhaust can (knew was cracked there already) and once where the "y" joins into one pipe. So I started pricing the factory exhaust... Well like all things Honda it must be gold plated.

So... I have access to a muffler bender/ tire shop so I went to work. I researched to see how the other mfg's were routing their exhausts and bent the header coming to the new can the same way. I then welded everything up. I used all the factory hanger locations. Found a piece of heat shielding they had laying around and fashioned my own barrier between my new routing and my bed. I didn't want to be the reason it burnt to the ground (popo reference). Also welded in a new O2 bung.

Results: Its angry but not until your really into it. At first it had a 2.25" outlet. I have now necked that down to 1 1/2" and will report back. Feel like she needed a little more back pressure.

Now I know there could possibly be some bashing, but the seat of my pants has me ready for any and all. She pulls hard! ;)

Can get others that are interested more pictures, sound clips, etc. if needed.

IMG 2440

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Can get others that are interested more pictures, sound clips, etc. if needed.

Yes please.

I have a Walker Dynomax muffler that I was thinking about doing the same thing.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sound clip please;)

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
@GPR1500SC @Eltobgi I will guys when I get back up to the shop. Was tied up on lunch break today so didn't have a chance to go by there. I'll try for tomorrow.

Now I have to figure out how to get a USDA approved spark arrestor incorporated in there somewhere. You know for the forest trips...

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
@GPR1500SC @Eltobgi Alright fellas here is the final product... well for now. Will test and report back.
IMG 04081

IMG 04081

Reactions: pct and Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It had a nice sound right at the end! Didn’t sound to loud from the front either! Nice Job!​

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!