BOX1

P500 For better winter comfort

Yellowbeast

Yellowbeast

May 29, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 500
Ok so I’m looking for some opinions. I live in central PA and I use my p5 to plow snow. But the last couple of winters I only had to plow three times. I plow my grandmother out if we get a deep snow and it’s to much for her small snowblower and since we only live minutes apart I just drive my p5 up the road. So when I drive up the road I tend to get salt and water that hits my face. So only being able to make one purchase should I buy a windshield or power steering to make plowing and riding easier?

Reactions: TxDoc and monaco
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
i say windshield but i haven't plowed in my P5 to know how hard the steering is.

Reactions: TxDoc
1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Power steering cost 650 plus install unless you do yourself which is pretty easy. It will help you all year long everytime you drive it. It helps alot with kickback on your wrist when you hit logs , rocks or ruts. That is why I bought mine. Relly makes driving a pleasure.

The windshield blocks alot of wind and water. If your willing to take it off for summer and put it on only when cool a one piece w/s can be bought for 250, better yet find a piece of plexiglass discarded from a covid screen and try before you buy. Look on facebook marketplace and sometimes you can find a used w/s from people upgrading to nicer ones.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Power steering and full face helmet. Will keep the ears warmer. And might could make a temp windshield out of plexiglass and two honda ROPS cam lock clamps.

BC8A9B78 54A3 40C7 868B E13C644D040F

Last edited:
Reactions: TxDoc and trigger
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Power steering and full face helmet. Will keep the ears warmer. And might could make a temp windshield out of plexiglass and two honda ROPS quick clamps.
Just like Mudder said .

Reactions: TxDoc
Yellowbeast

Yellowbeast

May 29, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 500
I had my p5 since 2016 and the power steering would be nice but I have made it this far without it lol. I was thinking of a windshield and wheel spacers. I can get them both for about $500. And this windshield is the one I want that way I can open up the vents in the summer. I use my p5 more around my house then I do trail rides so power steering is probably being put on hold for now.

72C8433F CDEE 4B37 9318 12CD02443C6C

MtClimber500

MtClimber500

Supporting Member
Nov 21, 2020
Butte, Mt
Ownership

1. 500
My wife has weak hands and the power steering enables her to drive it.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!