For Sale Tusk Aramid Terrabite 28x10x14, 10 ply 1/2 tread left

S

Scamih

Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For Sale Tusk Aramid Terrabite 28x10x14, 10 ply 1/2 tread left, I live in the Marshall Illinois/ Terre Haute Indiana Area, I work in the Arthur, Mattoon, Charleston Illinois area. I’m asking 300. Challenge will be to find somebody in area. They are awesome tires for all terrains, including paved roads. I’m going with the same tire in 30”. I’ll have them all off and will take good pictures of the 4 unmounted in the next day or two.

IMG 1980 IMG 1984

S

Scamih

Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I busted up my driveway recently and hauled it to a friends and on the first trip I had the trailer slightly(way too heavy) overloaded. He said he almost died going down a steep hill. We’re guessing it broke during that trip, he was standing on the brakes pretty hard.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am not sure how much weight is there but Honda advertises 2000lb trailer load. I am surprised it broke.

• Haha
Reactions: CID and Smitty335
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
30% more would most likely put it over. You also must include the weight of the trailer in that 2000#. Finally, your hitch weight is most likely going to be WAY over if the rocks cover the entire trailer. You can't have 600# on the hitch!

While not as critical as a car @ highway speed, I wouldn't load more than 20%, give or take, on the hitch, if pulling a trailer like this with my P1K5.

If you want to pull 2000# less the trailer weight, load it towards the rear and let the trailer do the heavy lifting.

P.S. - Don't take my word for this. Ask @Backwoods. He knows everything ... 😆

Last edited:
S

Scamih

Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was fine to pull on normal ground but we went down a real steep hill to get it to the location to dump it. I’m not sure that’s what broke it is just a guess. Has anyone else seen this part brake?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!