Fording depth?

G

Gerhard

Apr 6, 2024
Pembroke ON
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Picking up my new 1000 3 on Tuesday and reading the online owners manual it says do not cross water deeper than the floorboards! How deep would that be because it does not sound like much! I have a lot of creeks to cross in my riding area so how necessary is a snorkle? If needed where would I get one? Thanks in advance!

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
hi - post pics of this ride when u get it - POIDH and enjoy the new ride - awesome!!!

open ended question - how deep are these creeks on average? 1', 2', 3', 8'

it will be the measurement from the tape measure from the floor underneath to the ground - the owners manual will also give you a number in inches.

my advice is to search p-1000 snorkel online - there will be numerous ones available

the snorkel is only necessary when you are in up to your ass and wishing you had one

maybe also u-tube p1000 snorkel\water crossing and do some self education to learn what others are doing - these are expensive toys - hate to see someone think its a u-boat (and it can be)

G

Gerhard

Apr 6, 2024
Pembroke ON
Ownership

1. 1000-3
hi - post pics of this ride when u get it - POIDH and enjoy the new ride - awesome!!!

open ended question - how deep are these creeks on average? 1', 2', 3', 8'

it will be the measurement from the tape measure from the floor underneath to the ground - the owners manual will also give you a number in inches.

my advice is to search p-1000 snorkel online - there will be numerous ones available

the snorkel is only necessary when you are in up to your ass and wishing you had one

maybe also u-tube p1000 snorkel\water crossing and do some self education to learn what others are doing - these are expensive toys - hate to see someone think its a u-boat (and it ca

G

Gerhard

Apr 6, 2024
Pembroke ON
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Water depth will vary depending on the time of year but I like to draw the line at about a foot and a half or about 45cm for us metric types! Even if I never cross any deeper than about 12". I consider it cheap insurance against engine flooding!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picking up my new 1000 3 on Tuesday and reading the online owners manual it says do not cross water deeper than the floorboards! How deep would that be because it does not sound like much! I have a lot of creeks to cross in my riding area so how necessary is a snorkle? If needed where would I get one? Thanks in advance!
@Bayouownbeer sells vent line extension kits. PM him here. Those vent lines are going to be under water before your air box is. I recommend his kit to everyone as it cheap insurance.

I think 8 or 10” is what the manual used to say for water depth.

Air intake is ultimately under the front hood and routes underneath to the air box. There are many ways to snorkel one if you want extra insurance. The easiest being right up through the hood.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Bayouownbeer sells vent line extension kits. PM him here. Those vent lines are going to be under water before your air box is. I recommend his kit to everyone as it cheap insurance.

Air intake is ultimately under the front hood and routes underneath to the air box. There are many ways to snorkel one if you want extra insurance. The easiest being right up through the hood.
Bayouownbeer is where I bought mine from, too.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

G

Gerhard

Apr 6, 2024
Pembroke ON
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Great advice! Never even thought about the vent lines! Disaster averted! Thanks!

Last edited:
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Search Mud Puppy on YouTube, you can go as deep as your snorkel and vent lines - I mean completely over your steering wheel. :oops: Would I do that to my buggy? Nope, but it can be done.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, for your depth I think you'd be fine bringing your vent lines up. After that, you're safe in water up to your air intake under the hood. That's when you decide whether to snorkel.

G

Gerhard

Apr 6, 2024
Pembroke ON
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah, for your depth I think you'd be fine bringing your vent lines up. After that, you're safe in water up to your air intake under the hood. That's when you decide whether to snorkel.
Good point! I get my new machine in two days and of course it's gonna rain here the next 4 days so lots of time to crawl around inside it and rig longer vent lines!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Good point thats before they updated to air box.
Yeah. They changed the design in like 18’ to the currant i think🤔
We original 16’17’ owners did some really ingenuitive things before those fixes🤣
Snorkel was one of them. Through the hood!
Still got mine like that

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!