FOX shocks on Honda Pioneer 700 !!

G

gaatvr

Mar 31, 2014
I had the opportunity to ride a Honda Pioneer 700 with a one off set of FOX shocks on it.. Man what a flipping difference. It was a totally different animal. Word is that FOX is working on a final design for release in late April or may. Pricing is rumored to be about 1200 for the complete set. From what i could tell these prototypes were low speed compression as well as pre-load adjustable.

FOX photo

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nice, I have a set of shocks on my list... Seems my list keeps growing faster then I have time to buy and install.
Going to keep tabs on this.

I hope by low speed. they mean 20+- MPH range.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
I have some Fox shocks on some of my snow toys - they're awesome shocks!!! I've also had very good experiences with the Walker Evans, but they're a bit too pricey for most Pioneer owners to justify. The weakness in the Pioneer is the front shocks - much too soft! If Fox or Walker Evans came out with a good pair of adjustable coil over front shocks for the Pioneer (under $500 /pair), they would sell the heck out of them.

Reactions: swsebek
K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
After some seat time and the front end bottoming out a lot I think I'll be buying a set for the front before long.

harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
I debating on getting a set of fox or walker Evans. Definitely on the front, I can attest to the frequent bottom out. Not sure if I want to change the back shocks primarily because I would not want to give up the load adjustment that the factory shocks provide. Any thoughts on whether it would or would not be the best approach by leaving factory on the back and just changing the front? Does fox or WE make a rear auto load adjusting shock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I debating on getting a set of fox or walker Evans. Definitely on the front, I can attest to the frequent bottom out. Not sure if I want to change the back shocks primarily because I would not want to give up the load adjustment that the factory shocks provide. Any thoughts on whether it would or would not be the best approach by leaving factory on the back and just changing the front? Does fox or WE make a rear auto load adjusting shock?

Welcome. I don't believe Fox or WE make self leveling shocks. Remember that both aftermarket shocks are fully adjustable so so you will still be able to adjust the rears to meet your load requirements.

What machine do you have? For the 700 I'd go with the full set from Fox. On the 1000 probably WE on the front.

TimmyBoy84

TimmyBoy84

Aug 5, 2015
Southern California
I agree with Tflynn, its a few pennys more but once you get fronts your gonna feel alittle more confident in hitting bumps faster and then your rear will start bottoming out and it aint fun for the people in the back. I have WE all around and like everyone says its like night and day!

Reactions: Tflynn and swsebek
harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
Welcome. I don't believe Fox or WE make self leveling shocks. Remember that both aftermarket shocks are fully adjustable so so you will still be able to adjust the rears to meet your load requirements.

What machine do you have? For the 700 I'd go with the full set from Fox. On the 1000 probably WE on the front.

I have 1000-5 I understand that you can adjust the fox or we rear shocks to suit; however if I understand correctly the factory shocks adjust by means of auto leveling so that no matter how much weight you have on it, it doesn't squat. Not sure I'd want to lose that.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm in the same boat. My front fox will be here today and excited. We ran Fox on our previous 700 and really liked them and have been waiting for the 1000. We use the 1000 for more then just one person blasting through trails it's usually loaded in many different ways and it needs to perform in all however I do believe fox/Honda did their homework on these so we will probably do rear as well just bump up the clicks. I feel it'll suffer a little heavy loaded but still usable however I'm looking at the massive advantages as well.
@ghost uses his rig pretty hard, replaced the levelers and won't go back and everyone that has replaced all are happy. I'll wait for a little more info,and cash lol before I make my decision on rears

Last edited:
Reactions: Tflynn
harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
I'm in the same boat. My front fox will be here today and excited. We ran Fox on our previous 700 and really liked them and have been waiting for the 1000. We use the 1000 for more then just one person blasting through trails it's usually loaded in many different ways and it needs to perform in all however I do believe fox/Honda did their homework on these so we will probably do rear as well just bump up the clicks. I feel it'll suffer a little heavy loaded but still usable however I'm looking at the massive advantages as well.
@ghost uses his rig pretty hard, replaced the levelers and won't go back and everyone that has replaced all are happy. I'll wait for a little more info,and cash lol before I make my decision on rears

Thanks for the info. I think I'll use the same approach

harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
What is the specific fox qs3 shock that will be on the 2017 1000-5? And are they available to be purchased to go on a 2016 1000-5?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What is the specific fox qs3 shock that will be on the 2017 1000-5? And are they available to be purchased to go on a 2016 1000-5?

They are available and bolt up
P1000 - Fox shocks
Try this thread.

Reactions: Tflynn
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

After this last weekend, they all got to go. Honda really screwed up on the shock selection on the stock shocks. I think once the front is fixed, the rear shocks will show there inadequacies real soon. I bottomed my rear shocks several times this week end. Next will be tires, fix one weak link and the next one shows up. HA!

Reactions: joeymt33
D

Dumont603

Dec 22, 2020
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-4
Will the shocks work on a pioneer 700with a 2 inch lift. I got a lift and now want shocks but not sure if they will travel far enough after the added 2 inches

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!