Front bumper saved the day

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Today my p500 went down steep hill through the woods plowed down two trees and hit a very large one of it wasn't for the bumper it would have been new radiator, frame, master cylinder arms and wheel parts who knows how much.
I need to get a pic of the steep hill and tree it went down about 250 feet and 60 foot down

You can see the bumper is touching drivers side and abou 4 " away passengers. I am so sad. :( this is after I bent it back a little by ramming the pass side into a tree

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457841164953517

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
My parking brake was not set right and it slide on loose rocks and disappeared. Now I need to see about getting new front tubes around the hood and the front brush guard they are both very bent

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Glad YOU are OK, good to hear the Strong Made Bumper did its job protecting the important parts of your front end. I like both of mine on my P500 & my P1K.
20160122 094325 20150912 132104

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Geoff
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
You can see the marks on the pass side where it hit the little trees and then hit the big tree on the driver side mark right on the corner of the bumper but with out it you could imagine the damage. The cover for the back of the light popped out and the bumper was a few inches behind the front plastic almost touching the radiator. I am so glad for the bumper. I don't think the front plastic radiator and steering components would have stood up to well to the impact.

Reactions: Geoff
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
You can see the marks on the pass side where it hit the little trees and then hit the big tree on the driver side mark right on the corner of the bumper but with out it you could imagine the damage. The cover for the back of the light popped out and the bumper was a few inches behind the front plastic almost touching the radiator. I am so glad for the bumper. I don't think the front plastic radiator and steering components would have stood up to well to the impact.
I just gutted my strongmade over the last two weeks. And started kind of from scratch, I haven't posted any of my ride due to not have done anything anyone else has already done. But the new version I demised will be back from powder coat on Tuesday. I added the bar's you just brought up around the headlights and hood. I is also reinforced with a little bit of stainless steel. Kind of a back up to keep bumping it from bending to bad. Can't wait to post picts of her when she's back in from powder coat on Tuesday. Glad your ride survived and all is ok, a little tweaking and she will be as good as new.

Reactions: Geoff and oly1981
Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
Looks like Strongmade did it's job! So much for the question one member asked about the cost of adding a front bumper ;) ;)

Clear1

hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
My parking brake was not set right and it slide on loose rocks and disappeared. Now I need to see about getting new front tubes around the hood and the front brush guard they are both very bent
So, you weren't in it when it when down the hill? Did you watch it? That would have been the tough part!
I was at a race track once, got out of truck, trailer and race car attached, and away they went over the hill. Ended up in the creek. Had to call a wrecker.
Don't feel lonely or beat yourself up, stuff happens. Move on and be glad you were able to drive away! I have the same bumper and I am happy!

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
did u find any other structural damage?
I looked it over and drove it eveyything seems fine I am worried about a bent frame but I think it is ok.

So, you weren't in it when it when down the hill? Did you watch it? That would have been the tough part!
I was at a race track once, got out of truck, trailer and race car attached, and away they went over the hill. Ended up in the creek. Had to call a wrecker.
Don't feel lonely or beat yourself up, stuff happens. Move on and be glad you were able to drive away! I have the same bumper and I am happy!

No I was not in it and I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye and it was flying down the hill very steep. Too steep to climb back up. Smash straight into the tree, it was rough. I have a bad habit of parking it in neutral that didn't help I am sure. I am just glad I had the bumper and it hit the tree. it would have missed that tree just past the tree is about a 10-15 foot drop straight down onto the very small road and then another 10-15 foot drop into a very rocky creek. It is hard to think positive on this stupid move but it could have been much much worse.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Geoff
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I looked it over and drove it eveyything seems fine I am worried about a bent frame but I think it is ok.

No I was not in it and I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye and it was flying down the hill very steep. Too steep to climb back up. Smash straight into the tree, it was rough. I have a bad habit of parking it in neutral that didn't help I am sure. I am just glad I had the bumper and it hit the tree. it would have missed that tree just past the tree is about a 10-15 foot drop straight down onto the very small road and then another 10-15 foot drop into a very rocky creek. It is hard to think positive on this stupid move but it could have been much much worse.
wow I thought at first damn tree but sounds like it saved u after all lmao

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I guess in some way the tree saved the day too but without the bumper it would have been toast.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!