BOX1

Front Seal

G

GeraldNewton

Apr 10, 2015
I have 226 miles on my Honda 700 - 2 and the front seal to the front differential is leaking oil.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Mine did that in the rear right. I put gorilla glue on the hole. It hasn't leaked anymore. It's was just a small hole. Mine was the boot where the seal was. Not sure if it's the same thing you talking about tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's what I was wondering, is it the cv? Or the actual diff where the axle comes out? Or where the driveshaft goes into the diff? If its the cv boot then you will have to fix it. If its one of the other two then maybe warranty? Also be sure it's not a loose drain plug or something simple that's running down and looks like its coming from the seal

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
My front diff pinon seal was leaking last summer,took it in and it was done under warrenty. When the teck changed it he said that who ever put it in at the factory screwed up big time. Looked like they had trouble installing it and had actually bent/dented it. So in a factory setting you can bet that there slapped together and some installer's just don't take pride in what they do.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
If they get a little cocked/crocked when you are installing them they end up leaking fairly quickly. It is not a huge job and should be covered under warranty if it is the seal

G

GeraldNewton

Apr 10, 2015
It is the front diff pinon seal. It is being fixed under warranty.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Glad it's being taken care of. Hopefully that was an isolated incident and doesn't happen again. I've got about 1300 miles and no problems so I doubt this will give you more problems.

Reactions: Elkhunter
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Was it that small round metal clip that goes on the shaft where it goes inside the diff. I saw them when I changed my cv boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!