Frost Remover

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Since I don't have a heater setup yet for my Buggy, I was wondering if you could use the spray on de-icer to get the frost off a hardcoat windshield in the mornings? I'm afraid a regular scraper would scratch it.

Thanks
idcwby

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Since I don't have a heater setup yet for my Buggy, I was wondering if you could use the spray on de-icer to get the frost off a hardcoat windshield in the mornings? I'm afraid a regular scraper would scratch it.

Thanks
idcwby

Deicer is just rubbing alcohol to the best of my knowledge.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500

Thanks
idcwby
I use my coat sleeve to clear mine. How about a piece of plastic over the windshield,folding it and storing it below the roof? Once in awhile I'll get frost on the inside of my windshield. No fun!

Warm water works too and is safe.

Last edited:
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I through a beach towel over my windshield the night befor we go out, during the winter months when it's not in the garage. I think deicer will remove the hard coat over time

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: idcwby and 500oneer
idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I use my coat sleeve to clear mine. How about a piece of plastic over the windshield,folding it and storing it below the roof? Once in awhile I'll get frost on the inside of my windshield. No fun!

Warm water works too and is safe.

The frost on both sides is no fun, had to deal with that already. Until I get the funds for a heater, it looks like something to cover it is the best option.

Thanks
idcwby

Reactions: 500oneer
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I love the heater in my 700, this year I'm going to relocate one of the ducts so I can blow heat on the windsheild. Last year with the cab enclosed (as well as the honda stuff encloses it) I used a 3" computer fan mounted on the rops above the windshield, blowing at it really made a difference too.

Reactions: idcwby
Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Haven't had my windshield long but first time out the steam from water on the engine fogged mine up so I bought rain x anti fog spray and it worked well... may not work on hardcoat or frost but it may help.
Another thought might b to use regular windshield washer fluid in a spray bottle even the blue stuff has antifreeze properties.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!