Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Was talking with another member and they mentioned needing new fender clips because getting them out is a pain and more often then not, it ruins them beyond use.
Vyquju8ySo....
I figured I would share this cheap too I use to easley pull the center head up allowing the body to pull out unharmed.
It's called a "Door Panel Clip Remover Tool" .
It has saved me lots of trouble from having to replacing the clips every time I need to remove one.

You can pick them up online for less the $5.

Amazon.com: Lisle 35260 Plastic Fastener Remover: Automotive
Tool Planet - Door Panel Tool

571 Tool

Last edited:
Reactions: blkbird305
blkbird305

blkbird305

Jul 16, 2015
Go smack into a cedar tree... that'll knock em loose.

These panels tools can be had at most auto parts stores for a couple of bucks... in case you dont want to pay shipping.

Reactions: Kingmudd
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Go smack into a cedar tree... that'll knock em loose.

These panels tools can be had at most auto parts stores for a couple of bucks... in case you dont want to pay shipping.
I bet you are right about a cedar tree!:confused:

Reactions: Kingmudd and JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have used a cheap little screwdriver that has an end like a claw hammer. Think it was $2 at Walmart but I didn't have any luck finding a picture of one . It isn't a perfect fit but plucks the cor loose without damaging it.

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
While installing my gun rack today, i got sick of prying them with a screwdriver, so I took one of my cheapo pry bars, and cut a notch into it and sharpened it to a point to get between the clips and works great!

IMG 20160118 135157 zpssjjcvwrw
IMG 20160118 135201 zpsgwx9ydab

Reactions: Hondasxs and Tflynn
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Cypress Trees work almost as well as Cedar.

My method is pinch and pull until you've destroyed the dang clip then put a new one in. I think I might try the crowbar do-dad.

Reactions: Tflynn and joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!