Fun in the hills of New Hampshire

T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014
Hi everyone,

Took some videos from our ride yesterday that you might enjoy. My mom recently bought a P500 that everyone thinks is an impressive little machine.

Wish it had a locking front differential though:

I got in and gave it a try with a little more speed:

Here's another path up the same hill:

Another hill with some large rocks. Love that ground clearance, but again traction was a bit of a problem:

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You came on up that hill! Lol... A set of tires is what you need. Some 26 inches... Helped mine a lot. I haven't needed a locker yet though. Great vids!

T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014
Thanks William!

Don't think she'll spring for tires, to be honest this thing has exceeded all expectations. It has a little over 100 miles since she bought it in November and we couldn't be happier with it. I may have to sell my Polaris and get my hands on one for myself!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014
Here's another in the same riding area from a month ago. The machine was brand-new at the time.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Tom,
Welcome to the community. Nice videos. I sure love the P5, looks like a fun little ride compared to my 700-4. I too think a set of tires is all you may need. But if it is handling what you want now then why bother, just wait till they ware out. Overall, I think I'm most excited to see that lovely lady tackle those hills on her own machine and by herself. Dont see that too often around these parts. When y'all go out again, you know we want to see more of "Pioneer Mom"

Again, thanks for sharing and joining the community for HondaSxS owners. If you ever have any questions feel free to ask.

T

TomB985

Dec 27, 2014
Hondasxs said:
Tom,
Welcome to the community. Nice videos. I sure love the P5, looks like a fun little ride compared to my 700-4. I too think a set of tires is all you may need. But if it is handling what you want now then why bother, just wait till they ware out. Overall, I think I'm most excited to see that lovely lady tackle those hills on her own machine and by herself. Dont see that too often around these parts. When y'all go out again, you know we want to see more of "Pioneer Mom"

Again, thanks for sharing and joining the community for HondaSxS owners. If you ever have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Will definitely post some more videos as I get the chance.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tom,

Glad to have you. The 500 has the 5 speed which makes the most of that 500 motor... There are guys that have said a set of tires makes all the difference in the world.

For my 700 it defiantly did. Mine stay in 2wd a lot now.

B

bbowen704

Dec 27, 2014
Hi, this is Pioneer Mom! I've got to agree that the 500 is a FUN machine. I've ridden street bikes since I was 21 and had tried a dirt bike in my younger years but not impressed as the bike slipped out from under me and I was just a little intimidated. When my adult kids indicated their desire for ATV's, I thought is was a great idea . . . quality family fun! Now we are recreating and can't wait to do more. BTW, that hill will not get me again!!!!

D

dtawney

Dec 25, 2014
Hey Pioneer Mom, the vids of you tackling those hills has encouraged my wife to try the driver's seat when we get our P500 this spring. She rides with me on a 700 Grizzly, but doesn't care to fight the handle bars on rough terrain. Looking forward to more vids of your adventures.

B

bbowen704

Dec 27, 2014
That's wonderful to hear--we need to get more ladies in the game. It will take some getting used to, but once you get the fever, it's there for life. I've always been competitive with my twin brother which is why I've been riding for so long. We are seeing more and more couples enjoying the sport--my husband had never been on a machine. He tried it in November and he's catching the bug too!

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!