L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Extending the gas tank vent line is really easy but it helps to know where to start.

Supplies:
1. at least 6' of 7/32 rubber tubing from any auto house.
2. one 1/4" plastic barb
3. 3, small hose clamps
4. 3 or 4 zip ties

Tools:
1. cutters to cut hose and excess of zip ties
2. socket that fits the purchased clampes

Time and difficulty:
1 beer

Remove the seat
Remove the rubber battery cover on the passenger side of the SXS

The orange line is the path of the existing line. Follow the line and and you will feel the 2 clips, Just tug on the line to free it up.
Add the barb and clamps. Route the extension as you like.
The red arrows is the path I choose. I fished through and out the side. From there, I routed it up the vertical tube and tucked it in a C bracket behind passenger head rest, about eye level, with a filter and clamp. (this took 5 1/2 feet of hose for reference)

Quote from HondaSXS (from post below)
"Make sure it does not have any low spots when routing. It should be drainable back to the tank. There have been reports of fuel vapor condensating in the line. Once it does. It will/can push out liquid"

Finish with zip ties and replace the covers and seat.
VENT LINE

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Great DIY post.

Pro tip:
Make sure it does not have any low spots when routing. It should be drainable back to the tank. There have been reports of fuel vapor condensating in the line. Once it does. It will/can push out liquid.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Extending the gas tank vent line is really easy but it helps to know where to start.

Supplies:
1. at least 6' of 7/32 rubber tubing from any auto house.
2. one 1/4" plastic barb
3. 3, small hose clamps
4. 3 or 4 zip ties

Tools:
1. cutters to cut hose and excess of zip ties
2. socket that fits the purchased clampes

Time and difficulty:
1 beer

Remove the seat
Remove the rubber battery cover on the passenger side of the SXS

The orange line is the path of the existing line. Follow the line and and you will feel the 2 clips, Just tug on the line to free it up.
Add the barb and clamps. Route the extension as you like.
The red arrows is the path I choose. I fished through and out the side. From there, I routed it up the vertical tube and tucked it in a C bracket behind passenger head rest, about eye level, with a filter and clamp. (this took 5 1/2 feet of hose for reference)

Quote from HondaSXS (from post below)
"Make sure it does not have any low spots when routing. It should be drainable back to the tank. There have been reports of fuel vapor condensating in the line. Once it does. It will/can push out liquid"

Finish with zip ties and replace the covers and seat.
View attachment 178371
GREAT INFO, PICTURES ARE AWSOME ALSO.

Reactions: L2R and Hondasxs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!