P700 Gear shifter shaft won’t move

Tyler6

Tyler6

Mar 12, 2021
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took my 2014 700-4 apart to replace starter torque limiter and the oneway bearing and put it back together and installed engine and hooked up the shifter cable and the shifter shaft selector will not move. Lined up the mark on the shaft with the two dots on the shift selector any help would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: TripleB
Tyler6

Tyler6

Mar 12, 2021
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well now the motor is back to running as it should and I finally get to drive it last night and as I’m coming up my drive way it starts spinning like the front brakes are sticking. Jacked it up today and they are not the tires spin freely only thing i did to front end was remove driveline to pull out engine. I’m almost ready to sell it and stick to the new 1000 seems like one thing after the other

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
H

HondaTech

What all did you remove on the engine. The starter and related gears should be accessible in frame by removing the alternator cover.

When the Big Red has pulse generator recall, the cover could be taken off without removing anything else. Except the shift cable.

I haven't done this on a Pioneer, but the engine is the same.

Tyler6

Tyler6

Mar 12, 2021
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had to remove engine to change the one way bearing behind the stator, changed the starter and starter torque limiter and also replaced the cam because exhaust lobe was completely gone and reinstalled the engine. I got it together and now it feels like the front end is holding back and won’t come up my drive way with out 4 wheel drive. I jacked it up and checked brakes because it’s been sitting over a month but both were free spinning

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!