P700m2 Starts in gear

Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
I noticed yesterday my SxS is starting in gear. Should I be worried about this is just ignore it. It don't bother me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yep what they said. Funny sometimes the little things we find out about a machine we've owned a while. Should have seen my surprise when I found out I could up and down shift with the paddles while in auto mode o_O

Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yep what they said. Funny sometimes the little things we find out about a machine we've owned a while. Should have seen my surprise when I found out I could up and down shift with the paddles while in auto mode o_O

Yeah it's crazy! Going on 2 years since we bought and just noticed this. I've not tried the padfles

Kinlaw

Kinlaw

Mar 26, 2021
NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had no idea about this. I always jump in mine and try to start it in Drive and then go "grrrrr" and shift to Neutral to start. All I have to do is press the brake? Gah, i'm such a dork.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah it's crazy! Going on 2 years since we bought and just noticed this. I've not tried the padfles

Short shifting up at 7 and 16 mph will significantly quieten your ride when puttering along. I had mine for a year or so before I accidently figured it out. Now I hardly ever ride without using the up paddle

D

Dirter

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ha! I just discovered the same on my sweetie’s 520 last week. We’ve had it since the end of January 2021.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Short shifting up at 7 and 16 mph will significantly quieten your ride when puttering along. I had mine for a year or so before I accidently figured it out. Now I hardly ever ride without using the up paddle
That’s the single biggest reason I LOVE the DCT, being able to short shift, keeping the rpm down when I’m cruising. I use the Up paddle 50 to 1 over the Down paddle. When I snowmobiled, I got sick of listening to the engine run up on the power ALL DAY and why I jumped right on the Talon shortly after it was introduced (which happened just as I aged out of dirt bikes).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!