BOX1

P700 700-4 sputtering , water in gas, solution.

W

Wooden shoe

Sep 18, 2022
Denver
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi All,
New to the group and thank you for having me! While making my daily 2 mile ride with the dog in sandy creek bed… the 2022 700-4 (just back from it’s first 100 mile service) stalled Saturday. After 5 min. Was able to make it home, but sputtered again this am, 3 days later. I had 2 bars left on it and barely got it going. With approval from Honda dealer put 3 ounces of HEET in it. Let it sit with gas cap open for half an hour in 90F, cranked the key 2x only to get the fuel pump going and then cranked, with start and ran it 1.5 miles at 30 mph with no issues. Gas, 85 was 1 1/2 month old! And already water in it or plastic gastank wasn't rinsed before fill. Let’s hope this was the issue. Ok.. We need to run to Maverick and fill up a clean gastank with their “blue”87 no ethanol. Enjoy your riding! HONDA dealer : HEET, please refrain from other stuff…It might have “junk” additives in it…

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi All,
New to the group and thank you for having me! While making my daily 2 mile ride with the dog in sandy creek bed… the 2022 700-4 (just back from it’s first 100 mile service) stalled Saturday. After 5 min. Was able to make it home, but sputtered again this am, 3 days later. I had 2 bars left on it and barely got it going. With approval from Honda dealer put 3 ounces of HEET in it. Let it sit with gas cap open for half an hour in 90F, cranked the key 2x only to get the fuel pump going and then cranked, with start and ran it 1.5 miles at 30 mph with no issues. Gas, 85 was 1 1/2 month old! And already water in it or plastic gastank wasn't rinsed before fill. Let’s hope this was the issue. Ok.. We need to run to Maverick and fill up a clean gastank with their “blue”87 no ethanol. Enjoy your riding! HONDA dealer : HEET, please refrain from other stuff…It might have “junk” additives in it…
Sigh....Maverick...

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi All,
welcome from Ohio glad you got your buggy going again

Reactions: Backwoods
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check this out. Might want some wooden wheels to go with your @Wooden shoe 🤣🤣🤣

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!