Geared Low Enough?

H

Hiker9

Jan 11, 2023
Northern California
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Buggyman thanks for the reply. Have a few questions.

What size is your plow? Are you happy with the size?

Can you continuously plow to the side heavy wet snow without having to keep pushing it into the bank and moving forward again?

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Buggyman thanks for the reply. Have a few questions.

Can you continuously plow to the side heavy wet snow without having to keep pushing it into the bank and moving forward again?
72" and I am very happy with it. my drive is only about 80' long but have never had a problem pushing it to the side. last year we had about 2' of wet snow and I could have used a little weight in the bed for better traction.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Since the Pioneer 700 does not have a Low / High range and only 3 gears is it's lowest gear low enough to plow heavy, wet snow?
Welcome from The Putrid Swamp Run Michigan! Kalifornians know what that like right? 😂

Assuming you have a P7 or just looking?

Reactions: Buggyman
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at a P7 or a Mule. Have a Grizzly ATV with a plow now. Want more weight and cover. Probably leaning towards the P7.
I'd defintely go for the P7 over a mule. Idk which model mule you're looking at but we have one at work and it sucks

Reactions: Smitty335
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Compared to the Pioneer 700 it rides rough, not as much ground clearance, less power, top speed around 20mph, no bed dump assist. It's strictly a utility machine. The power steering does work good. Under hood storage is nice too. The one at work has had issues with the fuel injection since it was new.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!