Get rid of heat P500

J

JimP50

Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Hello everyone. New to riding with a P500. I enjoy reading all the posts about all the solutions and questions about Hondas. Thank you for the advice. Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the heat from the motor etc, that keeps you warm in winter and sweating in summer. What sort of insulation etc. All information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. JimP50

R

Rustell

Lots of ways... A lot of people have put some sort of an insulation blanket under and behind the seats. I used some reflective insulation at first , but have moved on to some rubber EPDM roofing.Helps with heat and dust..Not my picture,but a good illustration .
Rubber

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hello everyone. New to riding with a P500. I enjoy reading all the posts about all the solutions and questions about Hondas. Thank you for the advice. Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the heat from the motor etc, that keeps you warm in winter and sweating in summer. What sort of insulation etc. All information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. JimP50
Welcome Jim, drive faster in summer.......just kidding. :D What Rustell said.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Lots of ways... A lot of people have put some sort of an insulation blanket under and behind the seats. I used some reflective insulation at first , but have moved on to some rubber EPDM roofing.Helps with heat and dust..Not my picture,but a good illustration .
View attachment 81947

Hey, I recognize that machine! Yes, rubber has been the way to go in my experience. Tried the foil backed carpet at first, it did a good job blocking the heat and noise but had to be taken out and dried after power washing or it would mildew. You can just leave the rubber right in, poke a couple little holes where the water gathers to drain it out. It's heavier than the carpet too so it lays and blocks the noise better.
Wonder if this is the guy @Remington and I met at the trail head in Gladwin? He had a P5 in camo and was complaining about the seat heat after going through a mudhole.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!