Getting me one of them pioneers! Made the switch

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you tried adjusting the catch and rubber door stops?
Yes that has been done repeatedly. The opening in the latch is too big for the catch. You can make it fit for about 2 rides by wrapping electrical around the catch but then it is worn through.

Reactions: DG Rider
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A couple of wraps of electrical tape since 2013:p.

On the dump bed, I've tried a few things. Split pen barrels with a few wraps of electrical tape to keep them on, and they would last maybe 2 rides before they wore through. So lately, I've been using some plastic EVAP line from a junk engine we had, and that is holding up rather well.

Adjustment is key with this as well. Of you put the latches so the dump hook is in constant contact with them, it'll wear through quickly and start to squeak from metal on metal. Just a touch of slop, and keeping it to a minimum seems to work best. Helps that I always have a bit if weight at the front of the bed.
I’ve put the 1/4” fuel hose on the bed latches and seems to be holding up so far.

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes that has been done repeatedly. The opening in the latch is too big for the catch. You can make it fit for about 2 rides by wrapping electrical around the catch but then it is worn through.

I use Gorilla Tape. Been on there since I bought the machine in October and still holding up very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ve put the 1/4” fuel hose on the bed latches and seems to be holding up so far.
Tried that too and it only lasted a ride...maybe 2. Doesn't help that my bed frame was welded by Ray Charles, and it doesn't contact the latches evenly.

Reactions: PJon
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tried that too and it only lasted a ride...maybe 2. Doesn't help that my bed frame was welded by Ray Charles, and it doesn't contact the latches evenly.
Actually, I normally don’t hear the rattles as I’m usually wearing a headset for the radio. I finally got my wife to go on a couple of rides again and she noticed the rattles.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!