ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I don’t wear a helmet usually unless it’s a requirement for a sanctioned ride or in a riding park or something like that. I found a DOT approved half helmet for a good price at Dennis Kirk. It’s comfortable enough. If you order one, they seem to run small so order a size larger than you normally would. It was around $35

Ecca8cc276b1de2d0337271211cd69d239f7dd382f6b951cbf228b88cb4fad2e00c043ff4cfe7b135b5c186a89c99137

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooter63

Shooter63

Shooter 63
Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2019
Longview
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I look at helmets in 2 different ways. First is how much does it cost to have good protection on something you can’t live without. No one thinks about what if. Well I can’t help but think that every time I ride. I have a titanium plate in my head and I have to wear a helmet or take the chance of dying if I crash. Spend the money on a good helmet it’s worth it or you could end up a burden on your family. Please take my advice it’s never good waiting for an ambulance to pick up your buddy. I have been there it’s no fun. Second thing is if you don’t want to spend the money you are probably one of those guys who buys used condoms you cheap bastard. Don’t be cheap when it comes to safety

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
agree with above I bought a ton of helmets on dennis kirk for me and my daughter, they are good ones that I know, they have clearance sales on those and clothes, tires sometimes when they are last year models its really cheap for a good helmet

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I keep a Bell bicycle helmet in my P5 when I know I will be doing challenge hills. Basically its to protect my head if it hits the roll bar on the way back down should things go wrong. Other than that I go so slow it would not serve much use. It's like seatblets in a mud hole, they may not be the best plan. Now, if you have street tires and like to bounce off the rev limiter in 5th...wear a lid!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I look at helmets in 2 different ways. First is how much does it cost to have good protection on something you can’t live without. No one thinks about what if. Well I can’t help but think that every time I ride. I have a titanium plate in my head and I have to wear a helmet or take the chance of dying if I crash. Spend the money on a good helmet it’s worth it or you could end up a burden on your family. Please take my advice it’s never good waiting for an ambulance to pick up your buddy. I have been there it’s no fun. Second thing is if you don’t want to spend the money you are probably one of those guys who buys used condoms you cheap bastard. Don’t be cheap when it comes to safety

LMAO!! I spit coffee on my laptop when I read that, good sh** Shooter! :D

H

HondaTech

DOT is just a sticker anymore, that standard is about useless anymore.

Good and cheap helmets dont go hand in hand. In an offroad situation I would want a full helmet with chin bar.

advertisement
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

“Cheap bastard” ???? Thanks for your meaningful contribution to this thread! I own no less than 6 good quality helmets. I just purchased two this year. I thought the folks here might be interested in a nice DOT APPROVED lid for a good price. Take your condom comments and your titanium plate and kindly shove off. Cheers!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Got several good deals here by member’s heads up on discounts, keep it up all. Deer hit, over the handlebars landing. Always replace a helment after a hit.

5C6E88C0 A051 4A41 8350 6EB368C273B0

Shooter63

Shooter63

Shooter 63
Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2019
Longview
Ownership

1. 1000-3
“Cheap bastard” ???? Thanks for your meaningful contribution to this thread! I own no less than 6 good quality helmets. I just purchased two this year. I thought the folks here might be interested in a nice DOT APPROVED lid for a good price. Take your condom comments and your titanium plate and kindly shove off. Cheers!
My post was not directed at you. It was directed at people who have that type of thinking about helmets. I apologize if you took offense to it that’s was not my intention to offend you or anyone else. My intention was to let people know that wearing a helmet is the best insurance policy one could have. I know there are differences in helmets and cheap is not always the best choice.

Reactions: trigger
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

I appreciate your response and sorry for taking it the wrong way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!