P500 Any good pillar light mounts for the P5?

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
So I'm looking to get rid of my roof-mounted light bar. It flops too much for my liking. Ideally, I'd like to put a couple pod lights down lower; I think at the bottom of the pillars near the hood. I did a quick Amazon search, but that stuff all looks like junk.

Anyone with experience with this?

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Check out Axia Alloys. Mounted ditch pods on the roll cage with these. I'm pretty sure your P1K5 uses 1.75 clamps

IMG 0581

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I haven't got pillar lights yet, the buget has went in another direction but I really like the Baja Designs. They're a little top heavy$$$ but they make some good lights. Made in the USA. I did by a light for backup and to see in the dump bed at night from Sylvania. You should check out Sylvania offroad lights. I like the flood I bought. Looks to be built nice and heavy.
Here's the flood I bought: SYLVANIA Dual Mode 6 Inch LED Light Bar - Flood

As for mounts, I looked at many of them when I was thinking about adding pillar lights but for my setup all of them would need to be modified to fit the way I want. I think you could just about use any mount that was close to what you wanted and if you have to dig in the scrap pile or go the hardware and add a piece to them and get what you really want or need. Amazon had a huge selection.

Last edited:
I

idiggplants

Jan 30, 2023
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
I'm trying to tackle this job this weekend actually... Was planning on fabricating a sheet metal bracket that would attach using that bolt between the a pillar and the hood exoskeleton(not sure what its called). Only way I can see that it won't interfere with my windshield without modification as most clamps are way too thick

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I'm trying to tackle this job this weekend actually... Was planning on fabricating a sheet metal bracket that would attach using that bolt between the a pillar and the hood exoskeleton(not sure what its called). Only way I can see that it won't interfere with my windshield without modification as most clamps are way too thick
Yea, I was eyeballing that bolt as well. I bought these on Slamazon to see if I can make it work.
Screenshot 20230816 152521

Looks like I might have to enlarge the hole a little but so long as it doesn't rotate, I think it should work. They other option I was looking at was using one of the mounting bolts for my UTV801 windshield. I also think that would work well, but its a smidge higher than I would like though notably more inboard on the position.

I bought Diode Dynamics SS3's, and would love a set of those Axia Alloys, but I'm not dropping nearly $100 on just mounts. They're nice, but they ain't that nice.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!