P500 Good Shocks Part 2

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
YouTube

Learned a little after I made this video. With the stock shocks, it was a fairly common occurrence for me to slow the pace after smacking the top of my head on the underside of the roof when my ass left the seat on a big bump. I'd hear and feel the shocks bottom or top out and then slow my pace to keep from dislodging the fillings from my teeth. New shocks...whole new ballgame. Not Cadillac plush but a world better. Made a shock video over the weekend on a gravel township road and understandably a couple people wanted a view of the WE shocks in action getting a rougher workout. So I left the shocks on four clicks up from the softest setting where I normally run them. Set my camera up again at close to the same angle. And tried to do whatever I could to make for a brief fast rough ride on the backside of my little piece of ground. After I watched the video I was a little surprised to see that the shocks nearly bottomed on a couple of those big bumps. Maybe next time will adjust them a little stiffer for these kind of shenanigans. Never felt 'em bottom or anything remotely close to it. Always felt like a pretty plush ride considering that I only have 5 or 6 inches of wheel travel. Personal conclusion ... still love these shocks and still feel like it was the single biggest improvement to my little buggy.

Reactions: rocmar and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You had em squishing a little at the end but didn't appear to bottom out at all. Don't know how big the bumps were or at what speed but it soaked them up pretty good. Felt good through those bumps or what?

Reactions: Derail
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
You had em squishing a little at the end but didn't appear to bottom out at all. Don't know how big the bumps were or at what speed but it soaked them up pretty good. Felt good through those bumps or what?
Yes it never felt harsh at all. Always feel in control with these shocks. Need to do another video on another day that shows the shock view and the forward view from the front bumper mounted camera. Only problem with a rear view on the front shocks is that you can't really discern the size of the humps and bumps or the actual amount of climb on a steep incline. That was a pretty steep hill with a couple of big humps. But you would never know it from that short video clip. Need to play around a bit more with my cameras and try to figure out how to show how steep a hill is. Maybe running two cameras at two different angles simultaneously is the key.

Reactions: trigger
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
In a nutshell...stock shocks encouraged me to slow down...W.E. shocks encourage me to speed up a little. It's all a matter of personal preference. I like the small footprint and the utility qualities of my P500 but am pleased with how the WE shocks encourage some mild craziness.

C

Chooglin

Thats a great video , it looked to me like you gave them a workout. I was watching the fender and it remained pretty stable as the shocks did there job !!!!

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
It is. But I was born in S.C. and I get a little aggravated when this twisted politically correct FB culture attempts to make me feel bad because I liked watching the Dukes Of Hazzard when I was a kid. People need to grow up and quit being so thin skinned.

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
The smile and the chuckle don’t always translate to posts in the internet. Try to keep life as light hearted as possible. And certainly mean no offense to anyone. But do miss the days when there was no need to apologize for laughing at a brilliant Richard Pryor joke or staring at Catherine Bach on a fuzzy 19” tv screen in those little Daisy Duke shorts.

advertisement
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry for getting off topic with the rebel flag stuff. I get a little conflicted at times in this modern PC culture. This forum is not the proper place for a dinosaur like me to talk about stuff like that. Back on topic, I would have been out of control and bouncing out of the seat in that video with the stock shocks. The W.E shocks are not magic but they do allow for a more controlled & comfortable ride as the pace increases.

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry for getting off topic with the rebel flag stuff. I get a little conflicted at times in this modern PC culture. This forum is not the proper place for a dinosaur like me to talk about stuff like that. Back on topic, I would have been out of control and bouncing out of the seat in that video with the stock shocks. The W.E shocks are not magic but they do allow for a more controlled & comfortable ride as the pace increases.
Rebel....Flag
....never burned my eyes
...love it
"REBEL YELL"

Reactions: Derail and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!