P1000m5 GPS

B

burnibee

Jan 11, 2017
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi guys, newly here, from alberta Canada, just bought a 2016 pioneer 1000-5, so far love it. I have a question for you guys, what brand and model of GPS do you guys use. I will be riding some up here in Canada, but will also be riding next winter in arizona, and looking to get the best Gps, so as to not get lost and be able to find my pickup, i.e.: bread crumb and something that i can download trails into before i head out. Any and all help here will be greatly appreciated. Thanks …Bernie

Reactions: sharp and Jshell3
B

burnibee

Jan 11, 2017
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
thanks, i was looking at the montana line, and easy to use is very important lol, i ll check it out .

Reactions: sharp
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I bought the Garmin GPS Map 78SC. It floats and is waterproof so is good for boating, hiking and makes a good breadcrumb trail for utv'ing. You can buy separate topo map chips or create your own route in 'BaseCamp' or Google Earth. I ram-mount the unit to the Pioneer and it's been solid. I've abused this gps for 4 years and it's never failed. Took it hunting in northern BC, -25C and it worked fine.
Al

Reactions: trigger and sharp
B

burnibee

Jan 11, 2017
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks everyone, this information will give me lots research this weekend, I appreciate all the input…have fun riding ….Bernie

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Garmin Montana 610. Added 24k maps. This unit stays with the machine so I installed the wired RAM mount. Has a set screw for theft prevention and is always charged.
Dash

B

burnibee

Jan 11, 2017
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks trigger, looks like exactly what i want to do, greatly appreciated …Bernie

Reactions: trigger