group ride wv sept (tbd)

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
When are you planning the next rode I would most likely be game!
this 1 never panned out.... school just started ect i didnt want to plan a ride where everyone couldnt make i will try for next summer to plan a group ride when families can make it

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Maybe sometime in September. If not then, then the fall ride.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
this 1 never panned out.... school just started ect i didnt want to plan a ride where everyone couldnt make i will try for next summer to plan a group ride when families can make it
Sounds good to me, what area/trails do you prefer to ride up there? Also how hard do yal ride? Like how many miles per day?

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I
I've been goin to WV about 20 years usually riding atleast 50 miles up to 110 in single day trips all "outlaw" trails until this year I went with some folks to Hatfield McCoy and only made it 30 or so miles and I was disappointed in how easy those trails were. I could have taken my Tahoe down most of those trails. Just trying to find some other folks who enjoy riding like I do and would like to go for more than 1 day. It would be great to ride 2-3 days and never hit the same trail twice.

Reactions: jak9922
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I

I've been goin to WV about 20 years usually riding atleast 50 miles up to 110 in single day trips all "outlaw" trails until this year I went with some folks to Hatfield McCoy and only made it 30 or so miles and I was disappointed in how easy those trails were. I could have taken my Tahoe down most of those trails. Just trying to find some other folks who enjoy riding like I do and would like to go for more than 1 day. It would be great to ride 2-3 days and never hit the same trail twice.
i like staying at ashland so we can hit the outlaws or hm trails and i like to put alot of miles on but depends on the size of the group and the trails

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i like staying at ashland so we can hit the outlaws or hm trails and i like to put alot of miles on but depends on the size of the group and the trails
Right, I agree it is hard to get far or fast with a bigger group. But also fun to watch people try mud holes or hill climbs especially after some liquid encouragement! So it can be fun either way

Reactions: jak9922
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
80+ machines on JBS spring ride at Rider's Paradise. Way too many but we did do about 70 miles that day which is a lot for that big of a group.

IMG 1630

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
80+ machines on JBS spring ride at Rider's Paradise. Way too many but we did do about 70 miles that day which is a lot for that big of a group.

View attachment 95725
Wow! Very impress to do 70 miles with that many machines! That's what I'm talking about, I would love to be a part of that! I love riding with peeps who know how to handle the terrain and their machines so you aren't waiting on them around every corner. How did you get that many people together?

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
All 70 miles on outlaw trails. It was a long day. Left the parking lot at 10:30 and got back at 9:30. We were at the bar probably 2 hours with people waiting on food.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All 70 miles on outlaw trails. It was a long day. Left the parking lot at 10:30 and got back at 9:30. We were at the bar probably 2 hours with people waiting on food.
Dang man when we goin? I'm ready!! Yal got a late start too. Was it a multiple day ride? And where you like parking choog?

Reactions: Chooglin
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
JBS has 2 large group rides each year. One in spring and one in the fall. Ride leaves from Skyline resort parking lot. Most people stay at Skyline Resort. They are Atv freindly and welcome the group rides. I can park your toy hauler in the parking lot and if you get there early ( wed. Or Thur. ) there is an electrical box to plug into. 2 full days of riding on Friday and Saturday. 50-70 miles each day. Some ride on Thursday.

IMG 1629
IMG 1775

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
JBS has 2 large group rides each year. One in spring and one in the fall. Ride leaves from Skyline resort parking lot. Most people stay at Skyline Resort. They are Atv freindly and welcome the group rides. I can park your toy hauler in the parking lot and if you get there early ( wed. Or Thur. ) there is an electrical box to plug into. 2 full days of riding on Friday and Saturday. 50-70 miles each day. Some ride on Thursday.

View attachment 95770 View attachment 95771
That sounds like alot of fun! I've never parked there, or prob saw those trails. Is that the only time yal go to WV?

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Last July we stayed at Ashland and the year before that we stayed at Hawks river cabins on Rockhouse trails.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice I've never heard of those, how long does it take you to get to Ashland?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!