P700 Guage Stereo Installation?

USMCsilver

USMCsilver

Mar 15, 2017
US
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone installed one of these gauge style stereos in their 700?

Boss Audio Mgr350b Marine Gauge Style Radio - Mp3/Cd/Am/Fm/Rds Receiver

I'm going to use one of mystick1219's custom panels, but I believe it is going to be full. I'll be getting my Pioneer next week, and I'm curious if you guys think there's somewhere else on the dash that a 3" gauge would sit flush and accessible.

It's hard to formulate ideas without something in front of me. I'm trying to get all my crap ordered so it'll be here when the thing shows up.

Thanks!

Road Warrior

Road Warrior

Aug 12, 2013
Palestine, IL
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've got one ordered (actually it's a Planet Audio PGR358 but the same as yours I think) that should be here on Saturday. I've got an idea that it'll fit inside a piece of 3" PVC pipe with just a little room to spare. Maybe dash mount it or hang it from the roll cage since it's fairly compact. Running the wires will be the tricky part.

USMCsilver

USMCsilver

Mar 15, 2017
US
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks. I actually ended up going a different route.

Chose a Bazooka Party Bar, and I'll just run it on Bluetooth only.

Ibhad liked the idea of broadcast radio, but I would have had to hardwire physical speakers since stereos receive BT signals and not broadcast them.

So, I think I will be alright with my choice.

There is an audio input available, so I can plug in my Sony Walkman mp3 player that has radio on it, if I really wanna listen to the radio.

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks. I actually ended up going a different route.

Chose a Bazooka Party Bar, and I'll just run it on Bluetooth only.

Ibhad liked the idea of broadcast radio, but I would have had to hardwire physical speakers since stereos receive BT signals and not broadcast them.

So, I think I will be alright with my choice.

There is an audio input available, so I can plug in my Sony Walkman mp3 player that has radio on it, if I really wanna listen to the radio.

Have an SSV Works overhead system in mine that came with an FM receiver in it, sounds like absolute crap. Even with the antenna wire mounted on back of the roof.
That Boss you posted says AM too, and weather band. Would be cool to have, wonder how well that one would do?
You'll be happy with that sound bar, if I were in the market, that's the one I'd get.

USMCsilver

USMCsilver

Mar 15, 2017
US
Ownership

1. 700-4
Seemed versatile. 8 speakers should sound good. I was impressed with the Boss on my ATV and didn't want to spend $700 on Wetsounds.

We'll see how it goes.

:)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!