P700 KFI Winch Installation

B

BugsyK

Apr 26, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
New guy. Just bought a new 700-4 and KFI winch/mount. Reading through the instructions and searching the threads here trying to get started but I'm struggling a bit. This is all new to me, I've worked on cars, motorcycles and boats before but I've never added new switches or cut thru a plastic dash. The instructions indicate some vehicles have prescribed areas for switches, it appears the 700-4 does not. On the dash under the shifter seems like a good place for the rocker switch and handheld remote socket but what are you guys using to cut the dash with?

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
You are correct, there’s no spot for switches. Most put a switch panel where the death label is. A member on here makes some nice ones. Custom if you want. @mystic1219

Reactions: swsebek
P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Cut in my light switches with a small hole saw, winch control with a drill bit. They eat through quickly so just take your time. Ended up with a nice clean look.

P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ae6dac7cb531e374cffe2c5f37017fd1

Reactions: Mudwing
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey bugsy this is how I did mine.
I have the remote plug in under the dash and the hand switch there
IMG 4317

But as I have seen many of the other guys over the years now and different setups. For my next on I will put the remote plug in further over under the dash above my left knee. To give me more cable and that is the side I stand on if I have to get out and winch. I can turn the wheel and get clear of unsafe areas and the machine...

As far as the rocker switch, I won't mount it where I have mine cause I smack it with my knee from time to time and it reminds me to put in a rocker up higher...

Last edited:
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 4318
Mystic sold me this and I thought four slot were enough. Not even close. I recommend get at least a six slotted one with the volt meter.... you just contact him on here and he will walk you through it...

B

BugsyK

Apr 26, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 73804 Mystic sold me this and I thought four slot were enough. Not even close. I recommend get at least a six slotted one with the volt meter.... you just contact him on here and he will walk you through it...
Thanks for the replies, I'll contact Mystic. That looks like the cleanest setup.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!