Gun rack or holder

C

Coonir1

Jul 9, 2022
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run this one from Cableas and have been very happy with it. I tried some of the kolpin gun mounts but didn't like the gun getting covered in dust. I bought this one and ran it behind the front seats. I finally figured out a way to run a front rack above my hood, and that's where I put the case now. It comes with a rain fly to help from getting wet.
Thanks for the feedback, I’m probably getting the Cabela’s case you suggested. Can you leave it attached while trailering long distances?

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@tjoreo do you have any pics of how it was mounted behind the front seats or on the front rack. Just wondering if it would interfere with dumping the bed at all.
Before my kids were old enough to ride in the back seat, I hung the case from the mid bar behind the front seats. With them back there it is tough to interact with them and we have the back doors now, so you have to open them up to get to the guns. I now run it on the front and like it better up there. When it was behind the front seats you can shorten the straps which allows enough room for the bed to dump easily.

20221129 142947

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the feedback, I’m probably getting the Cabela’s case you suggested. Can you leave it attached while trailering long distances?
I have always left it on while trailering. I never saw any ill effects when it was behind the seat, but now that I have it on my front rack I just run a bunge cord over the top to keep it from lifting up. One thing I do though is to tie up the extra length from the straps as they get to blowing in the breeze and slap against the plastics.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another option is to mount it to the center crossbar as usual, but fasten the end straps to the top lengthwise ROPS. That allows the case to ride horizontally rather than vertically.
I have to admit this was not my idea. It was recommended by another member here when I complained about the rearward vision being blocked.

Phantomhunter1

Phantomhunter1

Mar 2, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Before my kids were old enough to ride in the back seat, I hung the case from the mid bar behind the front seats. With them back there it is tough to interact with them and we have the back doors now, so you have to open them up to get to the guns. I now run it on the front and like it better up there. When it was behind the front seats you can shorten the straps which allows enough room for the bed to dump easily.

View attachment 364576
Thank you for the feedback. Looks great.

Reactions: Smitty335
C

Coonir1

Jul 9, 2022
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have always left it on while trailering. I never saw any ill effects when it was behind the seat, but now that I have it on my front rack I just run a bunge cord over the top to keep it from lifting up. One thing I do though is to tie up the extra length from the straps as they get to blowing in the breeze and slap against the plastics.
Thanks for the info, going to Cabelas to purchase now.

Farm5G

Farm5G

Oct 25, 2021
15936 and 17501
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too am looking for a stand up. I have OHGR – Overhead Gun Rack – 2″ and 1.875″ round tube ROPS – Seizmik. However I'm looking for a quick grab whether it's a 12 gauge for porcupines, raccoons, or a scoped rifle for coyotes, fishers, foxes. Looked into the Gun Gabber, but as you mention, not sure I want to drill into my floorboards. . ..
TC
I did end up getting a Gun Grabber. Now, need to back off the skid plate to install. UTV Golf Cart Vertical Gun Rack 525UF 310VT Double. Hope that's a next couple weeks project. . . . we'll see

Farm5G

Farm5G

Oct 25, 2021
15936 and 17501
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!