H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
MVIMG 20190308 070844
IMG 20190308 070840

The wife got a cool gift yesterday . A signed football from Max Unger! He's the center for the Saints. The ball was used in a game this past season!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ya I need another project so bad... lol. Done some bad ones but aluminum is just a different deal. Everything gets replaced and it’s too expensive.

Sounds good to me. I like the benefit of the lighter weight, better acceleration, braking, handling, and towing. Plus the insurance company gets me a whole new vehicle with even a small accident!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sounds good to me. I like the benefit of the lighter weight, better acceleration, braking, handling, and towing. Plus the insurance company gets me a whole new vehicle with even a small accident!
I’m wondering how long till insurance doubles the rates on those. It takes so little to total out. Between that and the dash fires we’ve seen I’m surprised ins isn’t already more.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’m wondering how long till insurance doubles the rates on those. It takes so little to total out. Between that and the dash fires we’ve seen I’m surprised ins isn’t already more.

I bet no insurance company wants to be the first one to raise the rate.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I bet no insurance company wants to be the first one to raise the rate.
Ya. They all work together a bit it seems. Ins is based off of repair cost as well as driver error percentage. They get done whatever they need too, they even now are starting to force aftermarket parts on new cars. We fight it a bit and customer can push for factory parts if there weren’t at fault usually but it’s a business of making money and they’re good at it.

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Peeled it open like a can top for sure. Kind of cool to see, but hope to hell there wasn't a passenger in there.
If there were the passengers would’ve been cut in half from the seatbelts if they were worn because belts are mounted to the b and c posts. Bad scene if was the case but don’t see evidence of that

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If there were the passengers would’ve been cut in half from the seatbelts if they were worn because belts are mounted to the b and c posts. Bad scene if was the case but don’t see evidence of that
Exactly what I was eluding to sir. And that is truly the kind of thing that skyrockets insurance claims. Even a 100k vehicle is far cheaper than a pissed off family.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And in 10 years it’s not rusted out...
No it corrodes. Seen it bad around here. Maybe it’s the winter we have or poor aluminum batches, prep work or sealer. I’m not sure. Seen many through here bubbling at only a few years old, some newer.
Small rust on steel can be fixed but we replace aluminum. Seems to be mainly hoods and hatches. Haven’t seen much in the cabs themselves.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No it corrodes. Seen it bad around here. Maybe it’s the winter we have or poor aluminum batches, prep work or sealer. I’m not sure. Seen many through here bubbling at only a few years old, some newer.
Small rust on steel can be fixed but we replace aluminum. Seems to be mainly hoods and hatches. Haven’t seen much in the cabs themselves.

We need the coating that’s on the 53’ trailers traveling the country.

advertisement