100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Traffic was kinda a biotch today. Some interstate maintenance was one lane for miles just west of Knoxville. Hit Knoxville right at rush hour. Took over an hour to get through. Got home and realized 4 varieties of Goumi berries were ripe for harvest and I didn’t want to feed the dang turkeys anymore. I ended up wrapping two of the heavily laden bushes in bird netting, because I’m too tired to want to deal with picking anymore right now. Job for the morning. Freaking delicious berries; tart outer skin with rich juicy sweet flesh inside and one seed. Considered to be an antioxidant, it also fixes nitrogen to the soil and is related to the Autumn Olive, another plant I’m growing. Tomorrow’s dinner will be roast pork loin with Goumi Garlic sauce. One could possibly make alcohol by fermentation...I currently have 5 varieties of Goumi. Red Gem, Sweet Scarlet, Carmine and...?
42357F95 5DA4 473B A805 D033444B629A

Goumi (Gumi) | Uncommon Fruit

Lycopene: Health Benefits and Top Food Sources

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Traffic was kinda a biotch today. Some interstate maintenance was one lane for miles just west of Knoxville. Hit Knoxville right at rush hour. Took over an hour to get through. Got home and realized 4 varieties of Goumi berries were ripe for harvest and I didn’t want to feed the dang turkeys anymore. I ended up wrapping two of the heavily laden bushes in bird netting, because I’m too tired to want to deal with picking anymore right now. Job for the morning. Freaking delicious berries; tart outer skin with rich juicy sweet flesh inside and one seed. Considered to be an antioxidant, it also fixes nitrogen to the soil and is related to the Autumn Olive, another plant I’m growing. Tomorrow’s dinner will be roast pork loin with Goumi Garlic sauce. One could possibly make alcohol by fermentation...I currently have 5 varieties of Goumi. Red Gem, Sweet Scarlet, Carmine and...?
View attachment 130668

I can help with the fermentation process! HA! How did the P1 fit? Big guy!

advertisement
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can help with the fermentation process! HA! How did the P1 fit? Big guy!
A huge improvement over the 500. I did still feel some knee pain, but I was able to reposition my leg in at least 3 spots and it certainly made a difference. Plus, my knee always hurts, but that doesn’t matter because now I have a Gnomobile....

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 130668

Autumn olive is a nuisance in east Tennessee. Lol

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Autumn olive is a nuisance in east Tennessee. Lol
Unlike Autumn olive, Goumi is non invasive. I did plant all my A. Olives up by the gate about 1/4 mile from my house.

Health Benefits of Autumn Olive. The most common fact you will read about autumn olive is that it contains 5 to 15 times more antioxidant lycopene than in tomatoes. But besides lycopene autumn berries is also a source of vitamin C (around 28mg/100g), as well as other vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep wifes had some drinks with her friends from out of town. Wolverine came out listening to the sound bar. Shes on cloud 9 with that thing lol. I love it same s*** I did!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Unlike Autumn olive, Goumi is non invasive. I did plant all my A. Olives up by the gate about 1/4 mile from my house.

Health Benefits of Autumn Olive. The most common fact you will read about autumn olive is that it contains 5 to 15 times more antioxidant lycopene than in tomatoes. But besides lycopene autumn berries is also a source of vitamin C (around 28mg/100g), as well as other vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals.

Good to know. I've got plenty of them when the SHTF.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!