H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

J

JTW

Took the poontoon for a spin on the lake this afternoon... at a blistering 12mph!! I see more motor in our future!

E9E5562C 76D7 4E62 8665 2B66BE0D70D4
DE6E475A 7362 4564 8C45 A099B20B8E50

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh, so you were the “backup”

That 800 is about useless as a recovery vehicle and I'd probably never get stuck following him. Trails were tough today, been riding that same trail section for 5 years and never seen water where we got buried. Never would have expected it to be so deep. We'll go back.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That 800 is about useless as a recovery vehicle and I'd probably never get stuck following him. Trails were tough today, been riding that same trail section for 5 years and never seen water where we got buried. Never would have expected it to be so deep. We'll go back.
did he make it through?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Gig is up I guess. 98 this Saturday, and supposed to be 100 next.
I went out in the low 90's several weeks back, and it was doable...but as hot as you'd want to try. May just have to get up super early and leave at mid-day.

I don't like it when I can't ride at will :mad::mad:
Guess I was being pessimistic. 96 today and it was fine. I'd guess about 105 is the limit. And the f***ing river was still too high to cross! Guess it didn't get the memo about this whole "desert" thing.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
We missed that! Something about a "dry heat".
It is true...but staying out of the sun is critical. And yeah...I know that's true everywhere, but out here it's REALLY true.

Not much shade except near the river. I'm thinking about doing @hondabob's trick and painting the roof white.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is true...but staying out of the sun is critical. And yeah...I know that's true everywhere, but out here it's REALLY true.

Not much shade except near the river. I'm thinking about doing @hondabob's trick and painting the roof white.
Is he even real? Never seen a post since the talon. And never a picture.....

advertisement
J

JTW

Gotta trim it up ding dong!
Lmao.. that’s funny.

It doesn’t trim up. There’s not enough motor to bring it up on plane. I’ve been doing some research. The company went out of business several years ago, but built a lot of nice commercial stuff. I’ve found several in rental fleets and various other ads and such. The rentals have either 50’s or some 150’s and the ads I’ve seen for sale have had 150’s... but the boat doesn’t have a HP rating plate on it anywhere. So, I’ve been at a bit of a loss as to what to look for motor wise. It gets from A to B but it’s just plowing the water and is just frankly, underpowered. Fine for the time being but I’m looking for a motor. Just need to find a good used 4 stroke EFI cheap! Lol

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lmao.. that’s funny.

It doesn’t trim up. There’s not enough motor to bring it up on plane. I’ve been doing some research. The company went out of business several years ago, but built a lot of nice commercial stuff. I’ve found several in rental fleets and various other ads and such. The rentals have either 50’s or some 150’s and the ads I’ve seen for sale have had 150’s... but the boat doesn’t have a HP rating plate on it anywhere. So, I’ve been at a bit of a loss as to what to look for motor wise. It gets from A to B but it’s just plowing the water and is just frankly, underpowered. Fine for the time being but I’m looking for a motor. Just need to find a good used 4 stroke EFI cheap! Lol
Your going to need some h.p. I'll talk to you about it this week.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lmao.. that’s funny.

Its expensive...

advertisement