Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I saw all those nasty lookin storm cels rolling over that area today.. there’s been flooding all over the PNW in the last two days..
Ya there was massive flooding here. The amount of water that fell in an hour was beyond anything I’ve seen. The rush of water destroyed the roads, even getting my wife’s rig into town was brutal, mud slides across the road.
Area we were in is barely ever even muddy and went from dry to 3ft if water instantly it just rushed down the hill. Brought a ton of debris with it. Can tell in this pic from one hour later how fast it came through on us then emptied. Crazy!
BFE4BE5F EE08 40FB B722 8FD29C4599F7

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Who the hell doesn't have a snorkel at this point? Didn't you learn them anything?
I always tell people. Especially based off of my experiences but sometimes people think it’ll never happen to them. We were just talking about getting it snorkeled again a couple hours prior and he said we would, it was on the list if things to do, in fact I’d mentioned that in a post just before riding tonight. I actually thought it had the Honda update. Hindsight now though. I don’t exactly want to tell my buddy he should’ve listened sooner, that surely isn’t what he wants to hear

J

JTW

I always tell people. Especially based off of my experiences but sometimes people think it’ll never happen to them. We were just talking about getting it snorkeled again a couple hours prior and he said we would, it was on the list if things to do, in fact I’d mentioned that in a post just before riding tonight. I actually thought it had the Honda update. Hindsight now though. I don’t exactly want to tell my buddy he should’ve listened sooner, that surely isn’t what he wants to hear
I’ve got some salt you can borrow!!

J

JTW

Ya there was massive flooding here. The amount of water that fell in an hour was beyond anything I’ve seen. The rush of water destroyed the roads, even getting my wife’s rig into town was brutal, mud slides across the road.
Area we were in is barely ever even muddy and went from dry to 3ft if water instantly it just rushed down the hill. Brought a ton of debris with it. Can tell in this pic from one hour later how fast it came through on us then emptied. Crazy!
View attachment 147037
That’s precisely the point.. it goes as fast as it comes. Just f***ing sit tight. I keep a tarp in my door to stretch over the top and sides just in case I ever have to wait something out. I just don’t understand this.. it’s f***ing retarded!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Time to trade it!
Sucks and he’s bummed. Moving on requires more building and more parts, we all know that. He’s not the type that would add all the stuff that was done so well on this rig but enjoys it’s rewards.
Definitely wasn’t trying to hurt the machine it was really more circumstances but as we all know things can happen. Luckily it still fires and runs so it’s not catastrophic. Going to call in a favor at my friends shop and see if he can get it back on the road reasonably. It’s a spendy engine but it only needs a couple parts and a bore.
Worked hard to get him back on the road, that’s why I bombed to town for oil. Everyone here jumped in to get it back going. @100Acre and @HoundDog didnt hesitate and ran over. Did best we could like most groups that ride together in this forum, had it been save able it would’ve been back enjoying the rest of the weekend two hours later.
No riding after, I think we all just stayed at camp to try to mellow the situation. Kind of a downer for everyone. Hate to see a friend going through stuff like this regardless of the situation.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Going to bed a little early tonight, last one up for awhile now, enjoying a quiet night at the campfire. We’re planning to wake up a little early and enjoy a little trip.
Hope everyone had a good night. Cheers
03415554 843E 41FA A76F 6D6334C286A9

advertisement
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!