H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

T

TittiesAndBeer

Mar 3, 2021
South of hooker
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Has anybody stayed here and ridden Mulberry Mountain and the surrounding area?

Haven’t stayed there but yes.. we’ve ridden mulberry for several years. This is the place we stay. It’s not a bad place and we usually have a lit of fun.. nothing super technical but word has it they dozed the trails this year and it’s all pretty gravy riding now. @Ragnar406 can probably give you a little more info on the area.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven’t stayed there but yes.. we’ve ridden mulberry for several years. This is the place we stay. It’s not a bad place and we usually have a lit of fun.. nothing super technical but word has it they dozed the trails this year and it’s all pretty gravy riding now. @Ragnar406 can probably give you a little more info on the area.

I'm also looking at Macks Pines and Moccasin Gap. Would you pick 1 over the other

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm also looking at Macks Pines and Moccasin Gap. Would you pick 1 over the other
Mulberry is better if it is your first time to the area, it is harder to know the trails at Mac pines (also known as moccasin gap) I ahve heard the Blue trail has been graded - they do this about once every 4 years and when they do they build up the water breaks on Mill creek trails, there are some National forest trails there are are a lot of fun too. the MVMU map is the one map that will show you all the legal trails.. How long are you planning on being there? you can ride from Mulberry to Mac pines but it is a haul and you have to take some road. You can also ride from Mill creek to Buckhorn (near devils den) but it is a haul with some road as well.

I do not know the Airbnb you showed but Combs is a small little area if you do stay there the Combs gas station is super UTV friendly and serves a great meal.

when are you planning on going?

advertisement
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mulberry is better if it is your first time to the area, it is harder to know the trails at Mac pines (also known as moccasin gap) I ahve heard the Blue trail has been graded - they do this about once every 4 years and when they do they build up the water breaks on Mill creek trails, there are some National forest trails there are are a lot of fun too. the MVMU map is the one map that will show you all the legal trails.. How long are you planning on being there? you can ride from Mulberry to Mac pines but it is a haul and you have to take some road. You can also ride from Mill creek to Buckhorn (near devils den) but it is a haul with some road as well.

I do not know the Airbnb you showed but Combs is a small little area if you do stay there the Combs gas station is super UTV friendly and serves a great meal.

when are you planning on going?
We are looking at the week of March 13th. We would like to do 3 days of wheeling and some local sight seeing. It'll be our Pioneer and Wildcat with my wife and boys. Boys like some off trail hiking and water falls or other trail side tourist traps.

Hoping to find a place to stay where we can ride from the cabin rather than trailer. Some road miles would be ok but hoping for less than 15ish miles to a trail head

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
We are looking at the week of March 13th. We would like to do 3 days of wheeling and some local sight seeing. It'll be our Pioneer and Wildcat with my wife and boys. Boys like some off trail hiking and water falls or other trail side tourist traps.

Hoping to find a place to stay where we can ride from the cabin rather than trailer. Some road miles would be ok but hoping for less than 15ish miles to a trail head
My vote would be for Mack Pines. Rode there for the first time last year with @Ragnar406 leading the way and it was probably one of my favorite places I've ridden. Lots of really cool overlooks and sights to see. I really like Mulberry and my family really enjoyed it last year (my wife does NOT like to ride, so that's saying something). Lots of little creeks to play in and waterfalls to check out. We stayed in one of the cabins there at Mulberry Mountain and it was nice and convenient.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anybody stayed here and ridden Mulberry Mountain and the surrounding area?

Mulberry is good place to stay air b and b looks nice about 5.2 mile from it to a trail is what I see down to east fly gap

Screenshot 20220103 205056 Gaia GPS

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

For the place you picked out you have a couple different routes to get on the trails
west on 16 takes you to combs and the combs store ( has gas, food etc) 2.5miles. Co Road 2 going south from combs turns into a forest road (mix of dirt and gravel that will take you to the Mill creek West trail head (cost is $3 a day per rig).
notice mental mods just north of Combs - that is a SXS shop and guy is great to work with. The pig trail scenic byway is paved and travels down to Mulberry Mountain area.

Also there is another place that is opening up across from where Co rd 2 intersects 295 called Mill Creek outfitters - he is going to ahve some Royal Blue type cabins but I am not sure when it will open.

When you make your reservation let me know and I'll give you a few route suggestions.

One thing i would mention if you want to do other "touristy stuff in the area" check out Crystal Bridges Museum and the Amazeum (for kids) that are located in Bentonville (about hour and half north up I49).

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For the place you picked out you have a couple different routes to get on the trails
west on 16 takes you to combs and the combs store ( has gas, food etc) 2.5miles. Co Road 2 going south from combs turns into a forest road (mix of dirt and gravel that will take you to the Mill creek West trail head (cost is $3 a day per rig).
notice mental mods just north of Combs - that is a SXS shop and guy is great to work with. The pig trail scenic byway is paved and travels down to Mulberry Mountain area.

Also there is another place that is opening up across from where Co rd 2 intersects 295 called Mill Creek outfitters - he is going to ahve some Royal Blue type cabins but I am not sure when it will open.

When you make your reservation let me know and I'll give you a few route suggestions.

One thing i would mention if you want to do other "touristy stuff in the area" check out Crystal Bridges Museum and the Amazeum (for kids) that are located in Bentonville (about hour and half north up I49).

View attachment 311721
Thanks! Despite previously looking towards Combs area, we found a cabin at Mack Pines and booked that. Definitely looking forward to being down there.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!