H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We don't have an orv park. But about 65 o/o of our county is owned either by the forest service.. Conservation..Or corps of engineers. And unless it's a numbered "trail"(gravel road) you're not allowed to be on it.
So are you pretty limited on where you can ride?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They were talking about closing the gate and impounding vehicles that were found in there while it was closed.

That's bull sihat . What's the reasoning? Where do you live?

Reactions: moparornocar
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So are you pretty limited on where you can ride?

Technically... But we pretty well ride where we want and play dumb if we get caught. I have forest service joining me on two side of my property and that is the only place an agent has ever caught me.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Idiots who ride with no concern for others, tear up trails, and leave trash. Have shut down a number of parks. It's too expensive to maintain, Alabama will never have any good ones, State won't invest in it because it's too corrupt. The few large tracts of land that were available to ride unofficially that were owned by USSteel and Drummond coal have been shuttted because people have set forest fires, trespassed did something stupid got killed and family sued land owners, drug deals, leaving mud all over public roads, turned areas reclaimed into trash dumps, etc...

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Idiots who ride with no concern for others, tear up trails, and leave trash. Have shut down a number of parks. It's too expensive to maintain, Alabama will never have any good ones, State won't invest in it because it's too corrupt. The few large tracts of land that were available to ride unofficially that were owned by USSteel and Drummond coal have been shuttted because people have set forest fires, trespassed did something stupid got killed and family sued land owners, drug deals, leaving mud all over public roads, turned areas reclaimed into trash dumps, etc...
Exactly!! It only takes one idiot to screw it up for everyone:mad:

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's bull sihat . What's the reasoning? Where do you live?
I live in western wa. The reasoning is it is a state ran park that they didnt have the money to "maintain" so it was just easier for them to close the gates while they funneled money to other places. And its not like they even do a whole lot other than pump out port-a-poties and provide tp, and have the occasional officifer show up to the parking lot Once a month. All the local jeep and motor cycle clubs volunteer with the trash and trail maintenance.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I folow a fella on YouTube aultimate outdoors. He's in new York. But starting to adventure out trying to hit all 50 states. Anyways on one of his adventures. He comments about running through a farmers field and is amazed that every one is respectful and stays on the trails where he was. Apparently they don't in ny. And screws it up for everyone

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We don't have an orv park. But about 65 o/o of our county is owned either by the forest service.. Conservation..Or corps of engineers. And unless it's a numbered "trail"(gravel road) you're not allowed to be on it.
I have to retract my statement about no orv parks...There are several in MO one about 35 miles from me called Bricks. But it is mostly a mud pit,only open twice a years because of a deal made with trucks gone wild. Too many drunk idiots running around on 64" tall tires for me to want to take my family out there on a sxs

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have to retract my statement about no orv parks...There are several in MO one about 35 miles from me called Bricks. But it is mostly a mud pit,only open twice a years because of a deal made with trucks gone wild. Too many drunk idiots running around on 64" tall tires for me to want to take my family out there on a sxs
There was a place that the polaris tv show went looked good.

Reactions: GlockMeister
advertisement
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Souds right. My problem is that is almost the same distance as Tennessee from where I am. And I know a lifetime of adventure awaits there. But I really want to go west. Maybe S.D. this summer then idaho the next.
I think that place is kinda like a time share..Pay monthly dues to ride. I know I wouldn't use it enough to justify. I'd rather go back to Tennessee and ride with you guys and them yahoos anyway

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think that place is kinda like a time share..Pay monthly dues to ride. I know I wouldn't use it enough to justify. I'd rather go back to Tennessee and ride with you guys and them yahoos anyway
I hear ya I've went there twice. Once rrb. Once windrock. Windrock is legendary for a reason. But maybe it was better than I thought it was because it was my first time. I'm thinking going back this October. Funny half the people were dicks. Aka razr guys. Everyone else was great.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hear ya I've went there twice. Once rrb. Once windrock. Windrock is legendary for a reason. But maybe it was better than I thought it was because it was my first time. I'm thinking going back this October. Funny half the people were dicks. Aka razr guys. Everyone else was great.
I haven't been to RRB I went out and rode 2 days on Bull Run and it was a blast. I'm really looking forward to April.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Souds right. My problem is that is almost the same distance as Tennessee from where I am. And I know a lifetime of adventure awaits there. But I really want to go west. Maybe S.D. this summer then idaho the next.
The rockies are amazing. I havnt ever rode them. But grew up sking the washington cascades and went to CO as an adult to play in the mountains. It definitely gave me a new appreciation for those mountains.

advertisement