Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Checking fences break time cheers!

My sportsman 570 identifies as a P570 so it’s all good even if I can’t be a honorary member of the upcoming P500 ride….

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, so I'm stuck. I know this isnt the thread for this, but I dont know which one is and a lot of people see this one frequently. P1K Had to replace both upper ball joints. They are all good. On one side, I had to remove the lower ball joint also so I could replace the bearing. Bearing pressed in fine. But, I can't get the lower ball joint to seat far enough in to get the snap ring seated properly in the groove. I even scraped away the powder coat on the back side so the lip of the ball joint would sit flush and as far in as possible. I thought I remember hearing that the P1K has common parts to a Honda car (Civic?) Is there any Honda automotive lower ball joint that is the same as the P1K? Mine is getting beat up from me taking it in and out and a new one might solve my issue. Any advice is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok, so I'm stuck. I know this isnt the thread for this, but I dont know which one is and a lot of people see this one frequently. P1K Had to replace both upper ball joints. They are all good. On one side, I had to remove the lower ball joint also so I could replace the bearing. Bearing pressed in fine. But, I can't get the lower ball joint to seat far enough in to get the snap ring seated properly in the groove. I even scraped away the powder coat on the back side so the lip of the ball joint would sit flush and as far in as possible. I thought I remember hearing that the P1K has common parts to a Honda car (Civic?) Is there any Honda automotive lower ball joint that is the same as the P1K? Mine is getting beat up from me taking it in and out and a new one might solve my issue. Any advice is appreciated.

I got no knowledge to help ya lol. Worse case scenario, I have new ball joints here in Tennessee. if you can't get it right before you get here.

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got no knowledge to help ya lol. Worse case scenario, I have new ball joints here in Tennessee. if you can't get it right before you get here.
Thanks TripleB. That's what I'm starting to think is to try to find one along the way and install once I get down to TO. Gonna fight it a bit more, but soon it's time to move on. Plan to leave at o'dark thirty on Tuesday.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This must be what it feels like to be @Ohio4x4 ....

View attachment 389248
Maybe a bit. Were supposed to leave in the morning. Trailer rolls and has a deck. Time for tie downs and trim. Kids under it wiring the brakes now lol. Then to the buggys. Pioneer has no suspension under it and the talon is still dirty from windrock. Hell im pretty sure mud from takeover last year is still on the pioneer lol.

20230528 174218 20230528 134257

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wtf dont you know im gonna need those lol. The kid drives as hard as i do lol. But on a serious note that reminds me ive got to change the passenger upper on my pioneer it has the top blown off. Im guessing it had water in in and froze.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!