P500 Hammerlock coupling links

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Would these be safe using correct or close fitting linchpin / receiver hitch pin or even high grade bolt/ wing nut? I'd rather skip the hammering.

Hammerlock coupling link Google Search

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: crewcabrob
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Several sizes available, also for linking chains. Apparently useful to Ford trk owners with oval safety chain slots
Hell yeah! I usually use a D ring on my SD hitch. might get me some of those instead. Kinda thought they might be for something like that.
thanks for posting.
they might be handy on a sxs as well

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are you trying to accomplish?
These are commonly used on Ford trucks as stated above. The hitches suck for using trailer chains.

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
These are commonly used on Ford trucks as stated above. The hitches suck for using trailer chains.
? Commonly used, but they suck? I don't understand.:confused: If they suck why commonly used? NO Bashing , just curious

Last edited:
advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
? Commonly used, but they suck? I don't understand.:confused: If they suck why commonly used? NO Bashing , just curious
The ford truck hitches suck for attaching safety chains.

Guys attach the hammer locks to make hooking up easier. Install once and forget about them .

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Have you found them to be of use in wheeling? A quick connect would be useful, but not so a semi permanent hammering connect
No I personally don't see a use for riding but they are very good for their intended purpose.

Reactions: crewcabrob
waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
No I personally don't see a use for riding but they are very good for their intended purpose.
Mostly learning and exploring items I might facepalm myself for not having , after the fact . I learn more by picking you members experienced brains then picking any part of myself.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Chevy's have the same problem. 2 1/2" receiver but chain loops that can't be used as is. Went through several shackles to eventually find the right size. Not that I ever will but they can be easily removed.

Reactions: Remington
advertisement